Collectors Corner

Offer your feedback on the content that has been published to the site, such as our discography and our articles.
Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: Collectors Corner

Post by Closer »

Thanks for the upload... great quality, and so many songs I've never heard... too bad I can't seem to save them.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Mike, would you happen to have audio and/or video of the Aug 17, 1995 show at Midway Stadium in St, Paul in your treasure chest, that you could share with the class? Notable songs they played at this show include:

Die In Your Arms
Can't Even Tell
Rhiannon
and...
Tied To The Tracks!

Thanks in advance, for checking your collection, at least, & hopefully for downloadable tracks on Soundcloud, or links to new Youtube clips from that show.

dells
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

Kradokk
Runaway

Post by Kradokk »

Fantastic.

This is to LYDLS as the Overreactors gig was to CFAS.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Closer wrote:Thanks for the upload... great quality, and so many songs I've never heard... too bad I can't seem to save them.
dells wrote: Thanks in advance, for checking your collection, at least, & hopefully for downloadable tracks on Soundcloud, or links to new Youtube clips from that show.

dells
On the Souncloud site, click on the small arrow pointing down on the very right same line of the file you would like to download (you have to click each one, can't download them all at one time).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

^ I figured that out, but what I meant is that I don't have the right codecs apparently to play the file that way. I'll have to figure out which codecs to download. But thanks for the heads up.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Closer wrote:^ I figured that out, but what I meant is that I don't have the right codecs apparently to play the file that way. I'll have to figure out which codecs to download. But thanks for the heads up.
They're .flac files. The quickest and easiest way to listen to them would be to choose one of the downloads on the following page (the "basic" one should be fine). It contains the .flac codec plus many others which you might not have.

http://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Hope that helps.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

LittleTooClean wrote:Soul Asylum
Tramps NYC
August 23, 1994

http://soundcloud.com/musicmanmike/sets ... st-23-1994
Doesn't seem like it would be, but was this a last minute gig or something? I don't know how this concert didn't make it into the archives (I just added it; and wasn't in the big Word document I used to compile it). :?:

Honestly, as silly as the song is I'm really diggin' "Itching to Fly" (on my 3rd listen as I type this); very catchy. :P

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

dells wrote:Mike, would you happen to have audio and/or video of the Aug 17, 1995 show at Midway Stadium in St, Paul in your treasure chest, that you could share with the class?

Thanks in advance, for checking your collection, at least, & hopefully for downloadable tracks on Soundcloud, or links to new Youtube clips from that show.
dells
I have those shows on disc if Mike doesn't. If he doesn't though, I can't guarantee any kind of quick turn-around time.
:mrgreen:
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
LittleTooClean wrote:Soul Asylum
Tramps NYC
August 23, 1994

http://soundcloud.com/musicmanmike/sets ... st-23-1994
Doesn't seem like it would be, but was this a last minute gig or something? I don't know how this concert didn't make it into the archives (I just added it; and wasn't in the big Word document I used to compile it). :?:

Honestly, as silly as the song is I'm really diggin' "Itching to Fly" (on my 3rd listen as I type this); very catchy. :P

one more new show for the archives - awesome !!
:mrgreen:
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.