And we're off!

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

And we're off!

Post by Homesick »

Hey, everyone!

As you've no doubt noticed, since you're reading this, the site has launched!

Now, the last few days have been pretty stressful, and I know for sure that some features are missing, but we're doing all the design and code work here, so it's a lot of work.

Jim Metz (Monolith Maniac) has helped me immensely with getting the discography up and running, and you'll see that there are already two articles up. This is only the beginning, of course; we'll keep working on the site, and we'd love to hear any feedback that you'd like to share.

I'm kind of stressed as I'm writing this, because I'm off to arrange a movie screening at a local youth recreation center. I'll be back later this evening, but don't let any of that stop you from making this site come alive even more. If you've got a topic to discuss, go ahead and start a thread about it.

Also, if you want the forum as a a mailing list, click the "Forum Subscriptions" link on the top menu of the forum.

Welcome to the asylum!

– Jakob Kallin, webmaster of Enter the Soul Asylum.com
Last edited by Homesick on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Jakob - Really nice job getting this all up and running. It looks fabulous. Just a couple of quick questions/comments. The site doesn't display properly when I access it on Safari. The bottom of the page is cut off in Safari and I am unable to even scroll there. It's fine in Firefox. Also, is the Articles/Latest Headlines feature intended to be user-authored articles only or do you plan to link to published articles?

I'm sure you've got plenty to keep you busy, so there is no urgency to either of these issues.

Thanks again!

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote: The site doesn't display properly when I access it on Safari. The bottom of the page is cut off in Safari and I am unable to even scroll there. It's fine in Firefox. Also, is the Articles/Latest Headlines feature intended to be user-authored articles only or do you plan to link to published articles?

I'm sure you've got plenty to keep you busy, so there is no urgency to either of these issues.

Thanks again!
I'm going to answer for Jakob since he's busy with the movie screening at the moment.

We didn't really get a chance to test the final version of the site out with Safari, as neither of us had accessibility to it the past few days. I will try to get access to Safari later on tonight and see what may be causing these errors. They should hopefully be resolved soon. I appreciate you letting us know of these problems, and if you come across any other bugs/glitches please let us know.

As for published articles, I believe if there is an article that we (or any one of the members) come across and find informative, we'll probably link to it and/or post some quotes from it. As for now, we would like to see how the user-articles go at first. If they turn out to be successful, we would like to continue to do more of them. Hope that answers your questions. If not, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jim

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote:Jakob - Really nice job getting this all up and running. It looks fabulous. Just a couple of quick questions/comments. The site doesn't display properly when I access it on Safari. The bottom of the page is cut off in Safari and I am unable to even scroll there. It's fine in Firefox. Also, is the Articles/Latest Headlines feature intended to be user-authored articles only or do you plan to link to published articles?
First of all: thanks! It's been stressful, but I knew for sure that people would appreciate it so that's what made it worth it. ;)

About Safari: I tried on my computer, and it seems to cut the page off right after the white border around the "paper", so it doesn't remove any content. Fixing CSS/HTML bugs really gives me a headache, so I think I'll refrain from fixing it, seeing as how it doesn't remove anything important. Is that the same way the bug worked on your computer?

Finally, we'll link to other articles occasionally, but not every single news item. Those are well-suited for posting at the forum.

Thanks for your input!

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Homesick wrote:
Miss Fitt 2 wrote:Jakob - Really nice job getting this all up and running. It looks fabulous. Just a couple of quick questions/comments. The site doesn't display properly when I access it on Safari. The bottom of the page is cut off in Safari and I am unable to even scroll there. It's fine in Firefox. Also, is the Articles/Latest Headlines feature intended to be user-authored articles only or do you plan to link to published articles?
First of all: thanks! It's been stressful, but I knew for sure that people would appreciate it so that's what made it worth it. ;)

About Safari: I tried on my computer, and it seems to cut the page off right after the white border around the "paper", so it doesn't remove any content. Fixing CSS/HTML bugs really gives me a headache, so I think I'll refrain from fixing it, seeing as how it doesn't remove anything important. Is that the same way the bug worked on your computer?

Finally, we'll link to other articles occasionally, but not every single news item. Those are well-suited for posting at the forum.

Thanks for your input!
I'm using safari on my mac and it looks fine. My only problem was that it took me FOREVER to get that stupid captcha right. Normally I don't have these problems, but apparently I couldn't figure it out. I guess the 8th try or whatever was the right one.

Things are looking good!

Phil

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

philipgar wrote:My only problem was that it took me FOREVER to get that stupid captcha right. Normally I don't have these problems, but apparently I couldn't figure it out. I guess the 8th try or whatever was the right one.
I guess the Anti-Spam addon is really worth its salt, thenâ€â€

whiskeytango
Marionette

Safari issues

Post by whiskeytango »

I'm getting quite a bit cut off on Safari. For example I can't read any of the "Trivia" parts of the discography section.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

That's odd, because I can read the trivia with no problems whatsoever. I tried it in Safari 3.0.3. What version and OS do you use?

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Homesick wrote:

Thanks for your input!
It cuts off actual content for me when I use Safari. On the Homepage, it cuts off the Community Spotlight section - right after the second line in the Jim story. I'm using Safari 2.0.4 and I've viewed it on both my Mac Powerbook and on a 30" monitor displaying at a resolution of 2560 x 1600.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

I should have specified that my operating system is Mac OS X, version 10.4.10.

So you're using the Safari beta. Perhaps it is displaying fine in Safari for the Windows folks and not for the Mac folks? Would also be interesting to know how it displays on the iPhones.