Map of ETSA members – Where do you live?

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
subset99
Lone Rider

Re: Map of ETSA members – Where do you live?

Post by subset99 »

Name: David

Trivia: Have seen Soul Asylum play twice and listened to them for almost twenty years. I, like many people, started to follow SA w/ the release of Grave Dancer's Union and have been a fan ever since.

An interesting bit of trivia is that I lived in Minneapolis in 2000 and went to see The Jayhawks play at First Avenue. Oddly enough, after the show, I met Dave as he was walking past the entrance outside and had to do a double take. It was funny seeing him outside passing by when Dan had been on stage playing w/ Grant Hart and Gary Louris right before. I finally decided the hell w/ it and went up to him and introduced myself. He was w/ his girlfriend (now wife) and we talked for a while. He asked me if I was out dancing (I got a chuckle at that).

All I had for him to sign was a cd cover of Sound of Lies and he looked a bit puzzled that he was signing another band's album. I told him it was like signing for family, so you know, why not right? He kind of smirked and signed it, "For the Love of Gary," and then his tell tale scrawl of a D and P afterwards. It was a great experience. I saw The Jayhawks play live, met Dan Wilson from Semisonic after the show and then ran into Dave Pirner outside. He was just so casual about it and that made it cool. I asked if he was who I thought he was and he just non-chalantly extends his hand and says, "Oh yeah, I'm Dave."

JimmyJames
Stranger

Post by JimmyJames »

Name: James

Trivia: Dan and Dave played an acoustic set in Toronto in 1998 (99?) under the moniker "Dan and Dave's Golden Soul", also saying that they'd be back soon. I stopped holding my breath quite a while ago :D

Ba11
Marionette

Post by Ba11 »

Jonathan Keating

Wilmington, Massachusetts USA

15 years old...seen SA (only) 3 times so far...

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

There must have been a hang up in the server somewhere because within the past few hours I have been constantly receiving emails by the minute regarding adding people to the map. As of right now I have over 120 new names to add. :shock: Although I know there are many more fans out there, its just great to see how many of those fans visit the site and have contributed to the map. :)

I don't know how long they have been hung up there for, but I'll get them posted as soon as I can. I'll also follow up here when I'm done finishing all of them.

If you haven't already though, please contribute to the map:

http://enterthesoulasylum.com/other/fanbase_map/
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Monolith Maniac wrote:There must have been a hang up in the server somewhere because within the past few hours I have been constantly receiving emails by the minute regarding adding people to the map. As of right now I have over 120 new names to add. :shock: Although I know there are many more fans out there, its just great to see how many of those fans visit the site and have contributed to the map. :)

I don't know how long they have been hung up there for, but I'll get them posted as soon as I can. I'll also follow up here when I'm done finishing all of them.

If you haven't already though, please contribute to the map:

Not sure if you saw, but the band had posted your map on facebook this afternoon, probably explains the backlog of new people to add!

Phil

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

philipgar wrote:Not sure if you saw, but the band had posted your map on facebook this afternoon, probably explains the backlog of new people to add!

Phil
Yup, that would be it, thanks. I realized shortly after I posted above that it couldn't be a server holdup though since the send/received dates matched. I don't check my Facebook often either, so I probably wouldn't have known for a few days.

There's close to 150 names to add now (we had 90 on the map before the influx), so if you did post yesterday/today, it might take a little longer than expected. ;)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

yeah i saw that on fb the other day :) cool!

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

philipgar wrote:Not sure if you saw, but the band had posted your map on facebook this afternoon, probably explains the backlog of new people to add!
Wow! Yeah, that would pretty much explain it. I saw the emails myself and at first I was convinced somebody was joking around with us. Luckily, this means they're all authentic. Would have been fun to have them also register for the forum, though. :)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

I've added all the names that piled in the other day onto the map. :)

Check it out:

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

yay! nice job Jim :)