What happened to the "discussions" box on the home page"

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

What happened to the "discussions" box on the home page"

Post by dells »

I have been failing to visit for a few weeks, so I have no idea when it was removed, but when I visited today to catch up on what I've missed, I noticed immediately that the box showing the most recently active discussion topics is no longer on the front page. I even tried again in a different browser(I.E.), to confirm that it wasn't just a Firefox issue on my comp. I can't comprehend why it would have been intentionally removed, so I figure it must be due to some technical problem?

That box of quick links to the most recent activity on the forum is what keeps me coming back, and is VERY important, considering that our site isn't all that active unless an album or tour is in progress(which they are ATM, and it's STILL too quiet).

I don't have the patience or attention span to look through the several sub forum sections looking for new activity, so PLEASE reinstate the box of quick links to the recently active forum topics, if possible.
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Re: What happened to the "discussions" box on the home page"

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Good to know I'm not the only one who spotted this. I also wondered where the box was with the latest forum posts.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I was gonna post this the other day when it went down and had it saved as a draft, sorry.

Sorry Dells and everyone else, I wish I could still have it there but it's just not possible anymore... thank the web host (see next paragraph). I hope it doesn't stop you from coming to the site though. I'm sure a lot of us (me included) used that box just to see if anything was posted or not... if not, on to another site.

Unfortunately the "discussions" box had to be removed from the front page due to recent limitations with the website. Also gone is the "Crazy Mixed Up Stuff and "Name the Tune" sections on the front page, so right now it looks pretty bare. The reason being is that the web host removed support for the PHP version we were using on the site (with barely no notice to change it so the site stays up) with that we lost the aforementioned things. In order to continue for the site to work it's now in an HTML format.

Unfortunately the only way now to see if there's any recent posts is just like any other forum, read the times stamps on the forum page (have the forum bookmarked for quicker access instead of the front page). Also gone I believe is the little green number of upcoming shows in the header and the people when they are, (well used to be) in the chat.

I just hope the removal of this box won't decrease the traffic anymore than it is, because I agree it has been pretty slow; hopefully soon it'll pick up when this album gets released.

Again, I'm sorry about this, I wish there was someway it could could still be up.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

aw too bad! i'll miss it BUT i will still keep coming back!