why does this site take forever to load?

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
norma023
O'Jeezer

why does this site take forever to load?

Post by norma023 »

Not trying to diss the fantastic work of the mods here, but every page on this site takes forever to load up. Is there anything that can be done to lesson this time period?

When I leave this site and hit other forums, it's night and day where other sites navigate much quicker.

Just sayin'

:)
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I really don't know what that could be, since I never have any trouble with it and it's not terribly heavy on graphics.

Does anyone else have trouble with load times?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Yes, I occasionally have problems with load times. I use a Firefox browser; not sure if that has anything to do with the delay.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I'm working on a slight change of the site design that will reduce the size of the images required. If image size is a factor in this, this change should make things a little faster. Other than that, I'm not sure what could be causing long load times. I use Firefox as well, and that doesn't cause any troubles.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: why does this site take forever to load?

Post by Yaz McBoo »

I usually don't have a problem here at home, but tried it last week from someone else's house where I was staying on vacation, and it just never even loaded (tried several times).

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

I find it takes a long time, too. And very often the first attempt fails and I have to refresh the page to get it to load. Also using firefox. It doesn't bother me any, though.

I have noticed that the load time is variable, depending on what computer I'm using. And on whether or not I'm plugged in or wireless. Our individual connection speeds could have something to do with it, no? Or our machines in general?

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

sheryl wrote:I find it takes a long time, too. And very often the first attempt fails and I have to refresh the page to get it to load. Also using firefox. It doesn't bother me any, though.

I have noticed that the load time is variable, depending on what computer I'm using. And on whether or not I'm plugged in or wireless. Our individual connection speeds could have something to do with it, no? Or our machines in general?
Not sure - I'm still int he internet dark ages here in terms of connection speed and computer speed/memory, but it actually works fine for me at home, strangely....