Weekly Chat - What Day Would You Like It On?

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.

What day would you like to have the weekly chat on?

Monday
44%
Tuesday
22%
Wednesday
22%
Thursday
11%
Friday
No votes

Total votes: 9

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: Weekly Chat - What Day Would You Like It On?

Post by philipgar »

So, uh I think the conclusion was (at least amongst a few of us) that we should try to have a weekly chat on Monday evenings. It's not something everyone can always make, and it's not really a big deal, just an informal get together of fellow friends and fans, united for a common cause. I think weekly would work well for some of us, on the off weeks that you're busy, it's simple enough to miss it. i think if we put up a reminder about it once a week, or just have Jim make it show who's in the room at any given time, it might work out.

I know there was also mention of having a "special" chat day that changes. It might not be a bad idea to have a more "official" super chat day, where we can get more people, but I think that wouldn't harm the weekly one. There are enough of us here who have so little of a life that spending a couple hours one day a week is not a big deal. For me, I just come on while procrastinating my work in lab. So, yeah, I guess this monday will be the first of the real weekly session. Can someone try to make sure a post is added to this thread sunday night to remind us, and also whoever gets in the room first should make a post advertising that fact.

Phil

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

philipgar wrote:So, yeah, I guess this monday will be the first of the real weekly session. Can someone try to make sure a post is added to this thread sunday night to remind us, and also whoever gets in the room first should make a post advertising that fact.

Phil
I just want to notify everyone ahead of time if we are going to have our first official scheduled chat this Monday (November 10th), I probably won't be able to make it. I will be out of town most of next week, so I might not be on much (if at all). I'll make a note of Monday's scheduled chat right now on the front page and in the chat. As mentioned, someone please make note of the chat when the time comes.

I will do my best and try to show up, but in case I'm not there, I hope everyone has a good time. :)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Monday evenings are Tuesday mornings for me too...although early at 7 a.m. Still, I might be working or getting ready to go to work then.

Thursdays are the only time that would work for me now and I'd revote if I could. Guess I'll have to miss all the chats. You guys have fun. ;)

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

so i ended up stuck at an airport last night instead of being in my hotel room on the chat (this should be my LAST trip down here for awhile yay!)

anyways, i'll be back on here (chat) at 8 (7 central) if anybody else is around

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Hey guys,

I would like to say sorry I didn't say goodbye last Tuesday (Monday night for you). The report I was doing at that time had gone horribly wrong and I was also racing against time to study for an EE exam. I'm very sorry I left unceremoniously.

Anyway, I would also like to say that the Badger/Mushroom/Snake jingle got through my head - still has, actually.

Also, the picture that Laura linked - I was, like, HOLEY CRACK! I just opened the link now (since the pic is NSFW, I was apprehensive to open it in an internet cafe). :lol: It's really hard to believe that this guy and the guy looking so serious in GDU backcover are one and the same.
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

lune ellise wrote:Also, the picture that Laura linked - I was, like, HOLEY CRACK! I just opened the link now (since the pic is NSFW, I was apprehensive to open it in an internet cafe). :lol: It's really hard to believe that this guy and the guy looking so serious in GDU backcover are one and the same.
Rusty originally found and shared the photo. I just couldn't resist passing it on to you, lune ellise. I thought you might appreciate it.

It just shows his...um...sense of humor. :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

lune ellise wrote:
Anyway, I would also like to say that the Badger/Mushroom/Snake jingle got through my head - still has, actually.
My fault. Sorry about that.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

lune ellise wrote:Also, the picture that Laura linked - I was, like, HOLEY CRACK! I just opened the link now (since the pic is NSFW, I was apprehensive to open it in an internet cafe). :lol: It's really hard to believe that this guy and the guy looking so serious in GDU backcover are one and the same.
Ah, so that explains why you were discussing that. I thought it was just some random person; so I probably wasn't really paying full attention to that "half-assed" conversation. :P (Even though I now know who it is, the conversation still would have gone over my head.)

Also, I just want to mention that there is a scheduled chat tonight at 7:00pm CST.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
Ah, so that explains why you were discussing that. I thought it was just some random person; so I probably wasn't really paying full attention to that "half-assed" conversation. :P
It was more like a full moon, Jim! :P
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:
lune ellise wrote:
My fault. Sorry about that.
No way, mystic_spiral - I really liked it! In fact, I sent the link to my classmates and we sang the jingle for a whole week just to annoy our professors. :twisted:
CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
Rusty originally found and shared the photo. I just couldn't resist passing it on to you, lune ellise. I thought you might appreciate it.

It just shows his...um...sense of humor. :)
That's his sense of humor? Oh, bring back the brown-chicken-brown-cow :lol:
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum