How long have you been in the Soul Asylum online community?

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.

What was the first online SA community you were in?

AOL Message Board
17%
SoulAsylum.com
11%
O'Jeez It's Soul Asylum Club
33%
Enter The Soul Asylum
39%
other (?)
No votes

Total votes: 18

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: How long have you been in the Soul Asylum online community?

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I remember joining the AOL message board back in probably late '97/early '98. I didn't post that much; maybe 1 or 2 things, but I was on there often to check it out. I think I may have said a few words on SoulAsylum.com, but when we went over to the Yahoo board I started posting slowly and then started talking a little more and more... but I never did get a whole lot of posts in. Most of the talking I did was in the weekly chats.

It's been great seeing how many fans have been sticking with the groups over the years. It's also great to see all types fans (new ones, long time listeners, etc) joining the groups and then meeting up with them at concerts, which definitely makes that wait before the concert 100x more enjoyable... (not to mention the wait in between concerts and talking to them on here too). ;)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Wow! I'm overjoyed that so many people have actually found their way into the Soul Asylum fan community through this very site (half of those who voted, and there's bound to be more who didn't). When we started out, it had been over a year since the band released their latest album--and that was after a really long break. It's impressive that they still draw enough interest to get people to look for fansites.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Homesick wrote:It's impressive that they still draw enough interest to get people to look for fansites.
And I hope there would be more of us as time passes. I mean, I am basically a "new" SA fan, since I discovered the band just 2 months ago (although one of my favorite songs of all time is Runaway Train - I thought it was sung by Def Leppard). I wondered how I never knew SA before - and what it was like not to love a certain kind of music.
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

pearljamgirl07
Lone Rider

Post by pearljamgirl07 »

this is my firs time in a soul asylum message board.I often visit soulasylum .com but the site is really bored,inactive....
And I see, that these are the eyes of disarray
Would you even care?

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

O'jeez.

Now, I might have been somewhere earlier than that.....several years before TSL came out I went online looking for the Misery video for someone...and I couldn't find a single thing. I think I might have found a ten second clip via dogpile....but I did find a SA forum. If that was AOL or O'jeez I'm not sure. I registered and I posted a few times and then, since really nothing at all was going on....I forgot all about it. I do know that when I went to O'jeez right after TSL came out I recognized a lot of the names and suspected I was on the same board I'd been on years earlier. This time though there was a lot goin' on so I stuck around :)