Forum issues and suggestions

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Re: Forum issues and suggestions

Post by sayeeda »

Yeah, it does...three phbb3 files.
Last edited by sayeeda on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

just a minor suggestion
i noticed on another forum that it automatically opens links in a new window, and i prefer that to how our forum here automatically opens links in the window, and then you're no longer on the forum. not really a big deal and maybe others prefer it this way, but since there IS a suggestion forum, thought i'd suggest it!

shadiq
Stranger

Post by shadiq »

Yes, we can check to see if your browser does in fact store cookies.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

are we going to have any special chats scheduled for the week the new album comes out?
what about a synchronized 'listen-together-and-chat' time.
(ok is that lame? i'm picturing during chat we all hit play at the same time on our cd's and discuss the songs as they come up.)

any other suggestions for special chat sessions? (do other bands' sites have anything that has worked well?)

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Did something happen to the forum coding recently? I now only see half the page, and have to scroll left to right. Very annoying. This is what it looks like for me.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

The header was added the other day since more people will probably be bookmarking the forum (since the recoding of the site to HTML a couple weeks ago removed the "latest discussions" box). The forum shouldn't have been affected. I assume it's the static header image.

It looks like you're using Firefox... I'm having no troubles using it on any of the computers I've viewed the site from since it was put up. What resolution are you using; maybe that's making a difference?

The only time the left and right scroll bar comes up is when I don't have the window fully maximized.

Anybody else having this problem?
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

I have the same problem too. I use Firefox on my computer but it's an older computer, and on my phone I have a browser that isn't able to open larger web pages. Anyway, when things like this happen I have no idea if the problem is on my end or the website end.

That being said, one other problem I've had recently is that when I click on "more shows" I only get one October show. I can see six shows before I click on the "more shows" box.

Thanks for going through the trouble of trying to figure all these things out after you were forced into a different format. I'm sure it's more annoying for you than anyone else.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

OneLovedBand wrote:I have the same problem too. I use Firefox on my computer but it's an older computer, and on my phone I have a browser that isn't able to open larger web pages. Anyway, when things like this happen I have no idea if the problem is on my end or the website end.

That being said, one other problem I've had recently is that when I click on "more shows" I only get one October show. I can see six shows before I click on the "more shows" box.

Thanks for going through the trouble of trying to figure all these things out after you were forced into a different format. I'm sure it's more annoying for you than anyone else.
Yeah, I still have no clue what the deal is with the scrolling issue, looked into that for about an hour last night trying to see what could be wrong. I'll still try to see if I can replicate it; so far hasn't done it to me in Firefox, Chrome, or IE (the latter of which I never use).

One thing I could suggest you trying is hitting "CTRL+0 (zero)" which will reset the zoom level on the page should you have done that on the site in the past. Let me know if that changes anything.

As far as the "more shows" box on the front page and the "shows" page they now both have to be updated separately; before adding one show would add them in both places. It's not that isn't hard to add them, just more time consuming than anything. Thanks for reminding me about that.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Yeah, I am an an older PC/older monitor. When I up the resolution, everything is real tine. But when I use CTRL++ to enlarge the text, I have to scroll Left to Right again.

Sigh. I seem to recall a day when websites ran on simpler script, and could be set to "100%" to fit a screen. Now it's the other way around.

Good luck trying to resolve this, I appreciate your effort.

Thanks,

Rob

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

I finally figured out (at least testing on numerous computers) that anything below the resolution of 1024x768 (800x600, 640x480) will cause the site to horizontal scroll.

How to fix that is what I'm currently in the process of. Just letting you know I'm trying to fix it.