Chat: Thursday, September 4th?!?

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Chat: Thursday, September 4th?!?

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I know we've (well, at least I have) been wanting to get some sort of scheduled chat together for the site since we started last October. I realize with members all over the globe, and everybody's different schedules its hard to set a certain time set in stone. Hopefully with this chat session we can talk amongst ourselves about maybe planning further chats and maybe getting something set in stone. I know I've brought the topic of doing this up before but it hasn't really succeeded. I hate to see the chat just sit unused for the most part (like it has been). I know it wants to be used; there are members going in and out of it daily. The reason I wanted to implement a chat into the site was because I remember how fun these sessions used to be back on the O'Jeez/Yahoo chat. I'd like to bring that back; I think conversing in real time brings the users even closer together than just on a forum.

I say we go for a chat on Thursday, September 4th; which will be the 18th anniversary of the release of And the Horse They Rode In On.

How does 7:00pm CST sound?

I'll post a reminder on the front page.

Anyone up for it, at least at the moment? :lol:
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Re: Chat: Thursday, September 4th?!?

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

I'm in. I missed the last scheduled chat because of conflicts with my schedule.

I'm glad you did this, Monolith Maniac. I'd been meaning to ask if we might try again.

Looking forward to it. :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:I'm in. I missed the last scheduled chat because of conflicts with my schedule.

I'm glad you did this, Monolith Maniac. I'd been meaning to ask if we might try again.

Looking forward to it. :)
Great, see you there!
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

i should be able to make it.

Phil

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Count me in!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Hmmm....I'll probably join you an hour or two later, depending on when I get up (scheduled chat time is friday 6 am for me) and if I get a decent internet connection. I've been staying at my aunt's house the past week and went through internet withdrawal and then computer withdrawal. :( Really made me realize just how dependent I've become on them. yeesh! :roll:

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Doh! I completely discounted the factor that I'd already be up by then, not because I'd be up anyway. As of tomorrow night, Ramadan, the month of fasting begins, and I'd have to get up before dawn anyway. Who knows, maybe I'll be early and the first one in. :D Then again, I might fall asleep and miss the entire thing. :P

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

I'll be there...as long as I remember.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Just throwing it out there, since we're on the topic: the site's first anniversary (as well as Grave Dancers Union's 16th anniversary) will be on October 6th. Maybe we should already schedule in a chat for that date as well?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Homesick wrote:Just throwing it out there, since we're on the topic: the site's first anniversary (as well as Grave Dancers Union's 16th anniversary) will be on October 6th. Maybe we should already schedule in a chat for that date as well?
Sounds good to me!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more