Website and links

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Website and links

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Ok..don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but on the home page some of the links aren't working. And when I click on the discography link when I'm in the forum it just takes me back to the home page.

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Website and links

Post by Monolith Maniac »

No, its not just trouble on your end, its everyone. I was going to make mention of this last night but I've been trying to resolve the problem. Before I got everything else working, I wanted to make sure I had the forum up and running since I know that's the site's biggest draw.

I tried to make a temporary fix for the front page, but as you can see it isn't completely resolved. I'll be trying to see if I can work it out a little further.

As far as links on the site, the only links that will work are off site links, those going to the forum, and the chat; everything else is down. Clicking any other site links will just bring you back to the main page. So the only thing that really works on the site right now is the forum/chat.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

I'm back!

Post by Homesick »

Wow, I've been away from the site far longer than I had expected! I finally received my internet configuration details today, though, so I'm back in the saddle with a lot of catching up to do. It's great to be back!

I hear there's been some trouble with the site while I was away. If anyone could enlighten me as to what's been broken and what is still broken, I'd much appreciate it.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Re: I'm back!

Post by sayeeda »

Welcome back. FYI, the troubles started when all of the site's internal links, except the forum and chat as I saw later, when clicked, redirected back to the main page.

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Well, I've contacted my webhost as a first resort to see if they can help me restore any missing files from their backup. Their policy is to only allow access to the backup if any data missing is their fault. It's likely they won't allow me to take use of it, but you never know. At any rate, I don't think any of the content is missing, and restoring the infrastructure of the site (which is what is currently damaged) should be not be too difficult if it becomes necessary.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Alright, I've repaired the basics. Does everything seem to be working out okay so far?

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Not quite. I just checked the Discography, Biography, and About pages, as well as the Karl dedication page. The first two led me to an error page. Shoot me for not remembering...brain fart...but I don't think the background of the Karl dedication page should be white. Am I right?

I haven't tried other links yet. How's it like for the rest of you?

So the darkness fades

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Everything is working on my end ...Thanks!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

More FYI: I've been going through the discography, and none of the album covers are appearing (all have the small red x). And among singles, Sweet Relief: A Benefit for Victoria Williams page is showing a "This page cannot be displayed" error.

So the darkness fades

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Thanks for pointing that out, Sayeeda. I am actually aware of both those errors, and I'll fix them next. The first is due to the fact that only images in the /Images/ directory work at the moment, the second is due to the colon in the album name.