New site feature: Quickfind

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

New site feature: Quickfind

Post by Homesick »

We've launched a new site feature and we'd love your feedback on it!

The new feature is called Quickfind, and it's basically a lightweight search engine that helps you sift through our Discography and Biography sections. Here's what I typed up about it on the About page:
http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/About/#Quickfind wrote:Quickfind is a search input that appears in the top-right of every page, just below the menu. When you send a request to Quickfind, our server automatically finds the first page in the Discography or Biography sections that matches your search term. If you submit doorway, for example, it takes you directly to the song page for Standing In the Doorway. In fact, it does this even if you just enter door, which makes it a great feature for fans who are on-the-go or simply have lazy fingers.

Quickfind is not a full-fledged search engine, however: it only searches through the page titles (not page contents such as lyrics), and when presented with multiple matches (such as New Feelings, New World, and New York Blackout for the term new), it simply chooses the first one it comes across in the file system.

Note: At the moment, Quickfind doesn't include entries in the Singles section, since this would typically conflict with searches for songs with the same title.
Enjoy, and let us know what you think!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Re: New site feature: Quickfind

Post by lune ellise »

http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/About/#Quickfind wrote:Quickfind is a search input that appears in the top-right of every page, just below the menu. When you send a request to Quickfind, our server automatically finds the first page in the Discography or Biography sections that matches your search term. If you submit doorway, for example, it takes you directly to the song page for Standing In the Doorway. In fact, it does this even if you just enter door, which makes it a great feature for fans who are on-the-go or simply have lazy fingers.

Quickfind is not a full-fledged search engine, however: it only searches through the page titles (not page contents such as lyrics), and when presented with multiple matches (such as New Feelings, New World, and New York Blackout for the term new), it simply chooses the first one it comes across in the file system.

Note: At the moment, Quickfind doesn't include entries in the Singles section, since this would typically conflict with searches for songs with the same title.
Sorry for the disturbance, Jake, but I can't see the Quickfind. Maybe it's a browser problem again (I'm using IE).

On a related note, the green boxes (updates) for the Upcoming Shows box cannot be seen in IE.
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

I would love to let you know but I can't seem to find it! haha

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I just corrected an issue where some search terms didn't work, so if you used this and received an error message, try it again.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com