Suggested Additions and Updates

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Suggested Additions and Updates

Post by lune ellise »

I would like to suggest additional features for the site to offer:

1. Fan Art - Jakob has that rad SA themed bedroom, Jim posted his edited picture of SA used in Wikipedia, Cordelia made those Soul Asylum buttons that can be embedded in any site... Don't you think it's time to feature these works in one page? I would like this user in YouTube to be featured here: Daniel Souza

2. Guitar Tabs - I think Jim can back out on this one as he did the dirty works in Discography :lol:

I think it is also time we will update our Community Spotlight! I would like to suggest that the community would nominate and vote for who will be featured next.

I would nominate Jakob, hands down.
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Homesick
Warden

Re: Suggested Additions and Updates

Post by Homesick »

Thanks for starting this thread, Lune. Me and Jim have already discussed the additions you suggest, and we are planning on including them in one form or another in the future.

As for Community Spotlight, I'd love to recruit a good writer or two to write up the next installment. Anyone who enjoys writing and has time should feel free to drop me a line via the site's contact form, PM me, or simply reply in this thread.

I also remember at least one person last year mentioning the idea of maintaining a blog on the site. If there's some interest in this, it would certainly be possible to set up a system allowing fans to keep their own blogs on this domain. They wouldn't necessarily have to be on the topic of Soul Asylum, either; just having a group of people who like the band and are looking for a place to house their blogs could be good enough. Any thoughts?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

I'd love to write up the next Community Spotlight, but don't have the time, or won't rather. I'll be starting a new job (sub-editor for a newspaper) next week, assuming the editor can meet my base rate...so it's still under negotiation...o' jeez! If he does and I do start, it's going to take up a large chunk of my time.

As for this blog idea, I don't think it's a good idea. It's irrelevant to this site. This is a Soul Asylum fan community site, not a personal blog site. If people want to link up their blogs to this site, then by all means, go right ahead. I keep a blog too but what I write about is irrelevant to Soul Asylum, and if it is relevant, then I'll mention it here, or post my blog for it, or just post a comment under whatever appropriate topic if falls.
Last edited by sayeeda on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

How about posting an old interview or review? I have a review and 2 interviews I did around 1998 and the O'Jeez period I could transpose.

I'd also be up for doing a new interview if the band would allow it. I did this on another forum by taking questions from the fans to ask the band and based the interview on 90% of those questions.

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

sayeeda wrote:As for this blog idea, I don't think it's a good idea. It's irrelevant to this site.
How about using "tags"? Blog posts of members having "Soul Asylum" tags would automatically be posted in the site. That way, we can group our posts in a single page, and it would be related to Soul Asylum.
no1rockfan wrote:How about posting an old interview or review? I have a review and 2 interviews I did around 1998 and the O'Jeez period I could transpose.

I'd also be up for doing a new interview if the band would allow it. I did this on another forum by taking questions from the fans to ask the band and based the interview on 90% of those questions.
Yeah, an archive IS a good idea - not necessarily a transcript of the whole interview, just a list of stuff: interviews, TV and magazine appearances... I think it's a tedious job though.

I think there is a thread regarding questions you want to ask with the band. I can't remember if I posted there yet...
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum