Anniversary!

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

Anniversary!

Post by Homesick »

This Monday, we'll be celebrating the site's first anniversary. Apart from the chat, which will be taking place at 7.00 PM (CST), I'm planning to include something of an editorial on where we've come this past year, including a look at some of our traffic statistics. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it all done in time and in reasonably quality.

I will also put up a new featured poll to complete our series of favorite song polls: favorite album. That's right: we'll be asking the big question and find out which of Soul Asylum's albums that the fans on this site enjoy the most!

Any other news about the anniversary will be posted here. Feel free to discuss the upcoming event as well as share your opinions on how the site has worked out for the past year and what your hopes for the future are.

See you Monday!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Re: Anniversary!

Post by sayeeda »

Happy anniversary to the site and to GDU! Amazing work Jim and Jakob! ;)

I'd be listening to GDU right now, but I lent it to my cousin, who agreed to give Soul Asylum a try after another cousin, with whom I live, played Runaway Train and Somebody to Shove for him. The latter had been borrowing it, particularly for those two songs, after I spent the previous afternoon chatting with him while playing all my Soul Asylum albums in the background. He had very good things to say about Closer to the Stars, loved Somebody to Shove and requested I repeat it a few more times. :D

By tonight, he's already had parts of both songs memorized, and wants to try to pick up RT on his guitar. Ahhhh...feels so good to introduce a band whose work you love and appreciate to someone who starts to and then likes and appreciates it too! :D

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

OMGZ! You must get GDU back so you can listen to it on the anniversary!

On the other hand, it may be even more suitable to actually introduce another individual to this great band on such an occasion. Now that I think about it, I've changed my mind: great job, Sayeeda!

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Alright, we've come to the big day, everyone! I'll be posting our anniversary content over the next few hours, so check back every now and then.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! ! !

I just want to personally thank both you guys..Jacob and Jim ...For starting up this site and everything you both do to keep it up and running for us all! I love this site and I'm sure all my fellow Soul Asylum fans do also!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Happy Anniversary, fellow inmates!

Ditto what Rusty said.

Jakob and Jim, you should know that Dave was highly complimentary about this site when we spoke with him after the St. Louis show. Great job!

I love this site. It's been so much fun to share moments of enthusiasm (getting my Ribfest tickets in the mail, getting my first SA vinyl as a gift from a friend, etc.), the shows, and the songs with people who understand how great and important this band and their music really are. And now, I've actually "talked" to, met, taken a road trip, and shared a show with other rabid fans, which is something I wouldn't have expected last year when I saw my first SA show alone.

So, a giant thank you to you both for making this all possible. :D

P.S. I am listening to Grave Dancer's Union even as I type. Gotta go headbang now! :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Happy anniversary!

I heard Black Gold on the radio this afternoon, how fitting for today!

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Just want to add my thanks before the day is up to all members and the band for helping making this site what it is today. We could not do it without you.

Thanks!
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Sorry missed the annivesary event! Keep up the good work!

Looking to post cause just got the 10 box set from Mike and received on !?!? my anniversary it is awesome! Best anniversary present ever from someone not my husband!

Have not even gotten to most of it.

No time for waiting...

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

crawl wrote:Sorry missed the anniversary event! Keep up the good work!
I missed it, too!

Thanks to Jakob and Jim for, well, everything! Thanks also to all fans who kept me company - whether we talk about music or other things. It's nice to have friends (I hope you don't mind if I call all of you that) online...

There was this someone who said the celebration is lame (I forgot who or from what thread). I don't think so - anniversary of ANYTHING is a big deal.
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum