Trouble downloading?

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

Trouble downloading?

Post by Homesick »

It seems some people are having trouble downloading Let's All Kill Each Other from our front page. I've heard two reports so far, at least one of which relates to Internet Explorer 7. I'll need to know more if I'm to try and fix it, though: Does the download start at all? Are there any error messages? Does the download work in other browsers? Finally, can you download the files in our audio section properly?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Re: Trouble downloading?

Post by lune ellise »

I cannot download the song using IE7, Jake. But, I successfully downloaded the song using my smartphone (Nokia E61i).

Whenever I click the DOWNLOAD button, a dialog appears, asking me if I should open the file or save it. Either of the 2 choices would open a window showing the download progress but would abnormally close. There is no progress in download (no file would be saved).

I noticed that the link associated with the DOWNLOAD button is www.enterthesoulasylum.com ONLY. Is this normal?

I have no problem downloading in the Audio page.
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I actually don't know what the problem could be (it works fine with IE7 on my Vista computer). It might be best to just provide a direct link to the audio file... I'll think about it a while before deciding on it.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

I had to use firefox to download it. When I tried it on IE there didn't appear to be anything to download. It worked fine with firefox though.

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

The download works fine now. Thanks, Jakob!
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Wow, that was quick! I actually did change a little detail, but I can't honestly say why it made a difference. It obviously did, though, and that's what matters! :)