Let's all search for some fool's gold!

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

Let's all search for some fool's gold!

Post by Homesick »

In keeping with recent tradition, this is the third thread I've started lately whose title ends with an exclamation mark. I think the stuff we've been introducing to the site is cool enough to warrant it, though, so I don't see any reason to break the trend!

We're very proud to announce something that's been asked for a lot (not least by me and Jim ourselves): EnterTheSoulAsylum.com's very own search engine!

Now, please note that unlike the very basic one that we implemented a couple of months, this search engine actually looks through the title and content of every single page on our website! Lyrics, trivia, tracklists—you name it! In fact, it does such a thorough job that I had to specifically tell it to hide some of the work-in-progress stuff that we've already put out there but have hidden from plain sight. Also, it doesn't include forum posts since they're a whole different animal in how they're stored—but that's what the forum search is for.

We'd love to hear what you think about the search engine. Measured in complexity it's certainly not Google, but we're still hoping it'll be more useful for finding stuff on this site than any of the big ones. Let us know how it works for you and we'll try to improve it as best we can.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Re: Let's all search for some fool's gold!

Post by Twiddly Dee »

I was going to ask the other day what had happened to the search bar because I was going to use it and it was gone. I'm glad you guys have upgrade it!! Going to go check it out!!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Homesick
Warden

Re: Let's all search for some fool's gold!

Post by Homesick »

Now I've also added support for searching for phrases, i.e. multiple words inside quotation marks that only match when the entire phrase matches. I added it pretty quickly, though, so it's possible it doesn't work 100% as expected. Feedback appreciated!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com