Unknown CD in the ETSA Header

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Unknown CD in the ETSA Header

Post by lune ellise »

Or is it just unknown to me? I recognize the other CDs in the header (the top picture that always appears on every ETSA page, including the "Enter The Soul Asylum").. They are:

Made To Be Broken
While You Were Out
And The Horse They Rode In On
Grave Dancers Union
Let Your Dim Light Shine

So what's that blue CD with what looks like a gnome at the bottom? It looks like something from Legacy, but it's not The Silver Lining.

If this is a common knowledge, I'm very sorry for not knowing...

Also, in SA's Myspace, their Label was changed from "None" to "Major". Not sure what that meant but I'm sure that's been on for quite some time now (I just noticed it this morning)
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Unknown CD in the ETSA Header

Post by Monolith Maniac »

The blue CD is Faces & Names. There are also copies of the CD which also have the album art as the CD label (I think these may have been used as promos).

As far as their label now being listed as "Major", this is the first I've heard of it.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I'm impressed that you noticed it, actually, because we added it just the day before yesterday (along with the Other Delights icon). While You Were Out is not in there, however—you must have mistaken the Black Gold compilation for it (the black CD). While You Were out is a fairly hideous shade of green.

Maybe you can also identify which CD was removed in favor of Faces & Names? Hint: It used to be in the same place as Dim Light is now.

Actually, all this website lore just gave me an idea for a new quiz. ;)

As for the label, they did have it listed as "none" not too long ago, so this change is intriguing indeed...
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Perhaps they've signed with a major label to put out a new album?

Not trying to start rumors, just wishful thinking. :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Homesick or Monlith Maniac;

Mike (little to clean) sent me and 9 other lucky fans, a collection of cd's, dvd's and articles. There was an article from Melody maker, March 26th, 1994 included that would be nice to share because there are so many threads and conversations to look back on. The article is to big to type; but if I faxed it to either of you do you know or have the ability to put it in the articles section of this page?

One particular paragraph that really struck me was..."after years on the road and watching the record sales plummet (Horse only sold 70,00 copies), they were sick of the business and sick of one another. Dan opened an antiques store, Karl and Grant went back to cooking and Dave did nothing because he wouldn't, couldn't do anything else."

As a fan back in 1990/1991; I never new anything about the above. I had seen just Dan and Dave do some acuostic shows but the article seems to make the situation pretty dire. Which begs the question; what if GDU (and yes; RT) never made "the big time." What would have happened? break up? go back to day jobs? Maybe that's where the line from "Get on out" came from. Who knows?

But; the above paragraph makes me think the band was pretty close to breaking up and that would have truly been...well; terrible. Anyone else?
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Sometime to Return wrote:Which begs the question; what if GDU (and yes; RT) never made "the big time." What would have happened? break up? go back to day jobs? Maybe that's where the line from "Get on out" came from. Who knows?
I always thought, by reading articles and interviews later on, that GDU was their last real chance at the big time and if it hadn't been the success it should have been then who knows... The record company probably would have dropped them and they would have been forced to go back to day jobs. I remember an interview with Dave from 1995 that mentioned that he worked as a cook at times when the music wasn't very rewarding financially and that at the time of GDU he seriously considered trading in his guitar for a frying pan.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Sometime to Return wrote:Homesick or Monlith Maniac;

...The article is to big to type; but if I faxed it to either of you do you know or have the ability to put it in the articles section of this page?
I believe I do have the article; that's the one titled Save The Children, right? If so, a fax wouldn't be necessary; thanks for the offer though.

As of right now our article section is reserved for articles we have exclusively written. It may be a possibility to incorporate that with magazine articles (or into its own section, but definitely not until we currently finish some areas for the Other Delights section).

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Monolith Maniac
Save The Children
I am not going to ask how you knew that...You truly are a :ugeek: :lol:
It is Save the children; real interesting article. Anyone else read it or have comments on it?
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Sometime to Return wrote:
Monolith Maniac
Save The Children
I am not going to ask how you knew that...You truly are a :ugeek: :lol:
It is Save the children; real interesting article.
Wow; that's the second time I've been referred to as a geek/nerd today (must be the weather... definitely don't mind the compliments though). :P

If you must know how I did know the name of the article, I'll let you in on a secret:

I read your post, got up out of my chair, went into my room, found the magazine with the date you mentioned. I read the article title, came back to the computer, and posted it. Pretty geeky, eh? :ugeek:

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Y'know, a "press" section for published articles wouldn't be a bad idea. That way anyone who wanted to could read things as they come up. I know that I used to post articles when I found them, but having a place to actually put them would be pretty nice.