Status update as of October 18th

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

Status update as of October 18th

Post by Homesick »

I bet some of you recognize the status updates I posted to the O'Jeez group up until the site launch. I intend to continue with that on EtSA, primarily through the Monthly Roundup that will be published on the 25th of each month, but occasionally via posts on the forum, such as this one. (EtSA is the site's "official" acronym. Think it's cool or that it just sounds ridiculous? Feel free to share your opinion!)

Things have been proceeding well since launch. We currently have just over 60 forum members, and the number has increased by on average one or two every day for the past week.

Some aspects of the forum are not working properly just yet (such as signatures, or the mailing list functionality). I will reinstall the forum (keeping intact all profiles and posts) to fix this. I will also start an overhaul of the code on the site and add new features, such as an extended discography and biography sections.

This revamp will not start right away, however. At the moment, I have to begin writing an essay on the subject of oil and global warming, as well as study history for a coming exam. However, my co-admin Jim (Monolith Maniac) has already begun work on compiling all the info on Soul Asylum's singles as well as Dave's solo album Faces & Names, and we're also planning some other stuff "behind the scenes," so you can look forward to plenty of savory material when we begin expanding in the near future.