What do you think of the new forum style?

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.

Better than before
20%
Worse than before
40%
No preference
40%

Total votes: 5

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

In conjunction with our upgrade of the forum software we also installed a new style, as you can see. We're interested in finding out what you think of it, so feel free to cast a vote in the poll above (there's a "no preference" option if you don't care either way).

It's possible to have multiple styles installed and allow users to select whichever one they like best, but knowing the general opinion will be good when choosing the default style that non-registered users see.

Finally, if you've seen a nice style anywhere online that you believe would look great for this site, go ahead and post any suggestions here.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Re: What do you think of the new forum style?

Post by sayeeda »

Homesick wrote:It's possible to have multiple styles installed and allow users to select whichever one they like best, but knowing the general opinion will be good when choosing the default style that non-registered users see.
I like this option of multiple styles!

As for a default style, I've voted, but I'll go with the majority whatever they decide. I guess it does come down to getting used to something new. I'm just having a hell of a time getting used to this one. :roll:

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

I don't see much difference between now and before it went down during the update.

The only thing I noticed is that the board index doesn't highlight, in yellow,the threads that have been updated since the last visit any more. But I've gotten used to using the site's homepage now to see the newest disscussions, so that change doesn't bother me.

dells

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

The avatars aren't working for me, but instead I see a red cross. I don't know if that's just me...

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Sadly, I just noticed that the user stats at the bottom of the pages now list the "most users online at the same time is now down to a measely 7 last night since the reset, so we lost the true "most users online at one time" statistic.

dells

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

I do like it...it will just take some time to get use to.

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more