Chat doesn't seem to work for me.

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Chat doesn't seem to work for me.

Post by dells »

I tried to chat tonight, but it doesn't seem to be working properly for me. Bummer, I was really looking forward to chatting tonight.

When I first joined the room, I saw "joined the room" messages for several people show up in the chat box, and even a few actual comments that must have just been said as I entered, but My name was the only one that showed up on the right-hand side, and after the initial "flood" of messages as I entered, I didn't see anyone chatting, although what I typed did show up in the chat on my screen, I didn't see anyone respond.

I closed and restarted I.E. and went back to chat, and the chatbox "dialog" was still there, unchanged, as if I'd never left.

dells

dells
Social Butterfly

Re: Chat doesn't seem to work for me.

Post by dells »

I just noticed that all those messages & joined the room notices were dated yesterday, so I guess maybe I was really the only one who showed up for chat today. I've never been to a chat here before, so I didn't realize that when you join the room you can see activity from before you joined. Weird, I've never used a chat system that did that before.

dells

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Hey dells...there are a few of us there now...try again!

:mrgreen: Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

dells
Social Butterfly

Post by dells »

Yea! It worked!!! I had just gone there an hour too early.

Chat was fun, and I enjoyed "hanging out" with several forum friends there for several hours.

dells