Today we are introducing a new chat to the site. We believe a change was necessary because the one we were previously using included many members experiencing certain problematic issues, especially slow loading times and frequent "dropouts".
As with any other the chat it should be pretty self explanatory, but I'd like to point out some of the new features that weren't in the old chat; these include:
• Faster chat loading times and less lagging between sending/receiving messages.
• An upgraded private messaging system. You now will have the option to conference with multiple members in your own private room while still viewing other rooms (whether it be "The_Asylum, "where public chatting will take place, or other private rooms you have access to via invites from other members).
• Another addition of this chat is tied in with the forum. This feature will give you the ability to see which members are currently in the chat at any given time (whether you're logged in or not) via the forum's main page. These members will have the word "(chatting)" next to their name.
• If you don't like the color of the chat, or want to try out something different for a change, visit the drop down "Style" menu.
• As a little bonus we've also included a couple Soul Asylum related sounds in the chat (although these are turned off by default). They can be turned on by clicking the sound icon in the lower right corner of the screen. You can also select a few sound clips should you decide you only want to use certain ones via the setting menu (located to the left of the sound icon).
Scheduled chats will still be held on Monday's at 7:00pm Central time but feel free to use it anytime you wish.
If you are experiencing any problems or find any bugs please feel free to post them here so we can fix them as soon as possible.
We hope you enjoy this new chat that it will a positive change for the site; let us know what you think.Click to visit the new chat.(Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it to the chat the next few weeks due to temporally working the night shift.)