music/video trading forum

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

But not at San Moritz
Miss Fitt 2 wrote:The snow this year is better at Innsbruck. :wink:
oh yeah , don't forget the www. in front of that dime site Phil mentioned

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

philipgar wrote:
sheryl wrote:ok, whatever.
The best (and only really easy) place to get boots is from dimeadozen.org. They tend to have quite a few shows avaiable for download.

Phil
i know that. although dimeadozen doesn't work for me and never has...for over a year i've been trying to get into that site and failing, but i've used some other torrent sites, but what i meant was, that since there's a fairly active music/dvd trading community made up of ojeezers, a place to trade with EACH OTHER without worrying about who might see it could be cool.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

sheryl wrote:
philipgar wrote:
sheryl wrote:ok, whatever.
The best (and only really easy) place to get boots is from dimeadozen.org. They tend to have quite a few shows avaiable for download.

Phil
i know that. although dimeadozen doesn't work for me and never has...for over a year i've been trying to get into that site and failing, but i've used some other torrent sites, but what i meant was, that since there's a fairly active music/dvd trading community made up of ojeezers, a place to trade with EACH OTHER without worrying about who might see it could be cool.
hmm, I could possibly look into starting a Soul Asylum torrent ring below the radar. There is quite a bit available. Perhaps I'll need to get a new hard drive for my file server first though. I know once upon a time I had the Soul Asylum Tape Tree page (.... I can't believe we once mailed stuff...), and after that was ojeezitssoulasylum.mine.nu, but I shut that down years ago due to excessive bandwidth. Guess it's time to move with the times and start a torrent ring?

Phil

EFISH
Runaway

Post by EFISH »

^ Now that would be awesome.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

philipgar wrote:
sheryl wrote:
philipgar wrote: The best (and only really easy) place to get boots is from dimeadozen.org. They tend to have quite a few shows avaiable for download.

Phil
hmm, I could possibly look into starting a Soul Asylum torrent ring below the radar. There is quite a bit available. Perhaps I'll need to get a new hard drive for my file server first though. I know once upon a time I had the Soul Asylum Tape Tree page (.... I can't believe we once mailed stuff...), and after that was ojeezitssoulasylum.mine.nu, but I shut that down years ago due to excessive bandwidth. Guess it's time to move with the times and start a torrent ring?

Phil
well, you could. that's kind of above and beyond what i was talking about, but it's an awesome idea! wouldn't that be a huge amount of work though?

all i really meant was that because people always pop up looking for this show or that rare b-side, or the other as far as anybody knows unavailable anywhere documentary, a private forum where people can talk below the radar would be cool. so many of us have taken conversations off the mailing list, taken it to email, send each other files and whatnot with "ssshh....you didn't get this from me" and there's a pretty active snail mail trade going on with dvds and cd's...it just seemed it'd be nice to be able to just talk about it and make arrangements all in one place. or at all.

but by all means, if you want to create a torrent ring, that'd be wonderful.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

sheryl wrote:
philipgar wrote:
sheryl wrote: i know that. although dimeadozen doesn't work for me and never has...for over a year i've been trying to get into that site and failing, but i've used some other torrent sites, but what i meant was, that since there's a fairly active music/dvd trading community made up of ojeezers, a place to trade with EACH OTHER without worrying about who might see it could be cool.

Phil
well, you could. that's kind of above and beyond what i was talking about, but it's an awesome idea! wouldn't that be a huge amount of work though?

all i really meant was that because people always pop up looking for this show or that rare b-side, or the other as far as anybody knows unavailable anywhere documentary, a private forum where people can talk below the radar would be cool. so many of us have taken conversations off the mailing list, taken it to email, send each other files and whatnot with "ssshh....you didn't get this from me" and there's a pretty active snail mail trade going on with dvds and cd's...it just seemed it'd be nice to be able to just talk about it and make arrangements all in one place. or at all.

but by all means, if you want to create a torrent ring, that'd be wonderful.
I didn't mean anything that would require actual work. Maybe throw a torrent-tracker up on my file server and that would be about it. Possibly a way for others to upload a torrent they want to use or something. More likely I'd just have it designed so that once a month or so I'd change what torrent is linked to on the server, and whoever can grab it. Not sure how to discuss what people want though. Remember, I'm lazy. . . and busy much of the time.

Phil

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

why do i doubt that you're lazy? ;) besides, busy and lazy are mutually exclusive states.

i'm about to ask a dumb question. i'm sorry about it too, because i should know.
who exactly is running this site and this forum? i thought it was somebody other than you, phil?
if so, then you don't have to do a thing as far as talkspace to find out what people want.
if you do, then um....feel entirely free to forget i said anything :)

a place to talk about what they want would be something that'd go up HERE on the forum. i'm on a bunch of urbex forums that use this program and i think they all have boards that can only be accessed by certain people. say a moderators forum, where they can talk about what's going on behind the scenes. nobody else can even see it. or a senior members forum, so that the people who've been there the longest can get away from all the new voices clamoring to be heard once in a while. but in any event, it's an available option with this kind of forum. so in this case it could be made available say only to former ojeezers, or only people we know or whatever. the only reason i said to make it private was because one of the cautions that was thrown out a few times on ojeez was that band management or sony or whoever read the forum and yapping about bootlegs might not be the wisest course of action. this way we could yap about our boots and nobody would see it but the people we wanted to see it.

blah blah blah i talk too much.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I think that'd be a great idea if we could start some kind of torrent ring (and I do agree if we do create a forum too it should be private/hidden). While dimeadozen is great, it does have it's limitations (signup is hard to get into, seeders aren't always there). There's a whole load of great shows out there that should be available for the fans.

It'd be great to have these easily accessible to all SA fans (without hurting those copyright rules and such):
Time's Incinerator
MTV Unplugged
Palais Royale show
All their concert performances we can find available
Plus a collection of all their b-sides and Japanese promo tracks
sheryl wrote:i'm about to ask a dumb question. i'm sorry about it too, because i should know.
who exactly is running this site and this forum?
Sheryl,

This should answer your question.

http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/About/

Jim

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Monolith Maniac wrote:I think that'd be a great idea if we could start some kind of torrent ring (and I do agree if we do create a forum too it should be private/hidden). While dimeadozen is great, it does have it's limitations (signup is hard to get into, seeders aren't always there). There's a whole load of great shows out there that should be available for the fans.

It'd be great to have these easily accessible to all SA fans (without hurting those copyright rules and such):
Time's Incinerator
MTV Unplugged
Palais Royale show
All their concert performances we can find available
Plus a collection of all their b-sides and Japanese promo tracks
sheryl wrote:i'm about to ask a dumb question. i'm sorry about it too, because i should know.
who exactly is running this site and this forum?
Sheryl,

This should answer your question.

http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/About/

Jim
A private section on this forum would make a lot of sense. Actually a private forum might be good for other purposes too. Sometimes there are posts where I'm comfortable posting stuff to people on the board, but not really to the world in general... Especially the google indexed world. It's just kind of weird knowing everything you write can be read by anyone, but even weirder knowing that it can easily be found even if people don't know where to look.

Phil

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

thank you jim. i knew that. absentminded. maybe just absent.