How this site might have looked (early drafts)

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

How this site might have looked (early drafts)

Post by Homesick »

I was looking for some old site-related files when I came across these nuggets. They're the very earliest sketches of the website design, both of them produced before I even posted anything about a new website on the old mailing list. Enjoy!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Re: How we might have looked

Post by spodiba »

Heh, I like this early draft better than the first draft - it looks, I don't know, not so appropriate to be a fan site. I'm glad we look the way we do :D

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Even though I'm seeing a page load error now, http://www.soulasylum.net used to be a working site, about 9 years ago. Just another fan info site probably, but I remember looking through it and the official site all the time for news say, a couple years after Candy was released. Anyone else remember?

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Actually, SoulAsylum.net was a working site long after the release of Candy. I don't know if the domain changed hands somewhere in between, but it was active for a few weeks about a year prior to The Silver Lining. The reason those drafts say SoulAsylum.net is because I was sure I would be able to buy the domain from the previous owner, but that turned out not to be the case. Shortly after this site launched, SoulAsylum.net became unavailable (although the domain is still registered).
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com