Any interest in a weekly European chat time?

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

Re: Any interest in a weekly European chat time?

Post by Homesick »

In recent weeks, I've either forgot about the European chat or been too busy to attend it. To those of you who've been there: What's the activity been like? Is it still enough to mark it as an official weekly chat on the front page?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Hm, I don't know. I couldn't be there last week, but the week before I was there - me and nobody else, so I left. Maybe people showed up later on, don't know.
I think you should leave it as an official chat, never mind if it's not as busy as the "American" one. It's an opportunity for Europeans to chat with the rest of the crowd here, even if it's once in, I don't know, two weeks. The time difference really discourages me from participatig in the American one, so this is the only place where I can chat with fellow fans :)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

spodiba wrote: , never mind if it's not as busy as the "American" one.
ha our 'american' one isn't that busy :) usually just 3 of us, but i guess at least we are fairly steady. when new people come in i try to be friendly but they seem to be scared off rather quickly :(

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

zany wrote:
spodiba wrote: , never mind if it's not as busy as the "American" one.
ha our 'american' one isn't that busy :) usually just 3 of us, but i guess at least we are fairly steady. when new people come in i try to be friendly but they seem to be scared off rather quickly :(
I'm pretty sure we're a bit intimidating.... The three of us who almost never talk about SA in the chatroom can do that to people I suppose. I imagine all of us saying hello at once is a bit offputting as well.... Of course, I have no idea what people expect when they think about a soul asylum chat room. Sure beats trolling the MTV raps chat rooms though...

Phil

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Phil, are you talking about the time we went to that rap chat room like 12 years ago and kept saying "yo" in between SA lyric quotes?

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:Phil, are you talking about the time we went to that rap chat room like 12 years ago and kept saying "yo" in between SA lyric quotes?
what other time was there... to be fair, that was quite a fun thing to do though. Confused quite a few people.

Phil

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

yeah good thing i got to know you 2 crazies one at a time or you would have overwhelmed me too! :)

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

zany wrote:yeah good thing i got to know you 2 crazies one at a time or you would have overwhelmed me too! :)
and you do realize that you've now managed to overtake both Jakob and Jim for having the most posts on the forum. Pretty impressive for coming here late to the game!!! Of course, they might manage to pull ahead in the next few months when you'll have someone new to indoctrinate in the ways of SA.

Phil

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

no i had no idea! holy moly i'm at the top of the #of posts lists. that is scary. i've been wayyy too bored waiting for this baby to arrive i guess :)
so this can be my one week at the top cuz you're right next week i don't think i'll have time to keep up my ranking!

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

You'll be back on top in a couple of years, though, when your baby is old enough to start posting with your account. ;)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com