Any skilled illustrators wanting to design a logo?

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Homesick
Warden

Any skilled illustrators wanting to design a logo?

Post by Homesick »

As part of a site revamp in anticipation of the upcoming album, I've toyed with the idea of creating a custom logotype for EnterTheSoulAsylum.com. Having one would give the site more personality and make it more memorable—apart from just looking great! There are several more-or-less iconic motifs in Soul Asylum's history (the smiley face on Made To Be Broken and the "horse" on And the Horse They Rode In On come to mind), so there shouldn't be a shortage of ideas for such a logotype.

An ingredient that is harder to find is a skilled illustrator who could make this idea a reality. If you're good with a pencil or with one of those newfangled digital drawing tools, would you consider lending your talent to EnterTheSoulAsylum.com? Since we're a non-profit fansite, we can't offer any monetary compensation, but we can at the very least give anybody who helps out the gratitude of the community.

If you're interested—or if you know somebody who might be—either post a reply in this thread or contact us.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Any skilled illustrators wanting to design a logo?

Post by AlyssaJones »

I suppose I could give it a shot. If you could tell me what you're looking for in the logo I could draft some designs.

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Well, I can't draw or do anything related to drawing, so I can't help in that department, but if we will have a logotype or something like that - I vote for something with a horse :D The cover for And the Horse They Rode In On is my favorite album cover of all of their album covers

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I'd give it a shot if I had any talent for that, but unforunately I don't... but speaking of the new album... does anyone here have any insights on the new album?

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Alyssa, I've contacted you over PM regarding the logo. I'll wait for a couple of days before I officially ask any particular person for a design proposal, to give everyone a chance to offer their help.

Thanks for the input, Spodiba. I agree that a horse of some kind would be a cool motif, especially since Horse was voted best album in our forum poll.

If anyone else has any suggestions about the logo, feel free to share them in this thread!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

barbieqkiller
Lone Rider

Post by barbieqkiller »

Sounds like fun!

I am also up for handing in a possible logo, love the Horse theme!
Nice to see a fellow Göteborgare :)