Replacements book

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Replacements book

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I picked up "The Replacements: All Over but the Shouting, An Oral History" today. I'm not sure when I'll sit down and really read the whole thing. But I've flipped through, and there are a number of comments about the Mats from SA's Dan Murphy, as well as tidbits about the overall Mpls music scene. It looks like it would be a fun read for people who are fans of these bands.

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

I'm gonig to the book release party November 28th at First Ave & the Entry. Bunch of bands playing Replacement covers.

http://www.first-avenue.com/calendar/event_2225.aspx
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Anyone go to this? Just wondering what other people thought.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

I went to that, it was a really good time! Can't say I'm all that familiar with the entire 'Mats catalogue, so a lot of songs were new to me (not to mention the bands as well).

From a cost standpoint, that was a very fine evening of musical entertainment!

Band that really stood out for me was the Red Flags
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over