Golden Smog - Flintstones Picture

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Golden Smog - Flintstones Picture

Post by LittleTooClean »

As most of you may or may not know Golden Smog got it's name from The Flintstones cartoon

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxQD5jTEDM8[/youtube]

On one of their tours they had a shirt (can't find mine at the moment) with Fred and Wilma on it drinking and smoking.

Anyone out their have a picture of what I'm talking about ??

better late
Social Butterfly

Re: Golden Smog - Flintstones Picture

Post by better late »

Thanks for posting this. Golden "Fred" Smog singing jazzy, "When the Saints...", the connections are scary. Plus, I haven't seen a cartoon on Saturday morning in quite some time. You made my day. Way cool! 8-)

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

Still looking for the photo... but with live Golden Smog coming up soon here's a little more info about them to check out.

Some of you may or may not know I used to work in record stores for 15 years around the Chicagoland area. During that time just like in "Empire Records" and in "High Fidelity" the employees would talk A LOT about music. Yes I was one of the cool kids who worked in a record store :)...Good Times !! most of the time.

We would also talk to other people about "if you like this band you should check this one out". When it came to Golden Smog I found out about this one way back in 1992 but again I'll pass along some music info.
If your a little older you might know about this one already.

If you like Golden Smog and/or The Jayhawks you should check out Gram Parsons and The Flying Burrito Brothers. One of if not the first Alternative Country bands. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VYxdqt4k3A[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWjGtEmQ5Co[/youtube]

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

yeah I've got that t-shirt you speak of. If you can't find yours, I'll take a pic of mine and post it. Great vids you linked to though!!
:mrgreen:
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Gram and the Burritos (not to mention sweetheart eras byrds) were amazing. I really got into them 5 or so years ago, Gram died way too young. For those Jayhawks fans on here, think bunkhouse, and you have the sound of Gram!

Phil

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

EasyStreet wrote:yeah I've got that t-shirt you speak of. If you can't find yours, I'll take a pic of mine and post it. Great vids you linked to though!!
:mrgreen:
I found my Golden Smog shirts !

I still would like to get a better picture of the Fred and Wilma artwork.
My shirt has been worn MANY times and has a hole in it.

I also found one other Golden Smog shirt.