The Jayhawks - Music From the North Country

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

The Jayhawks - Music From the North Country

Post by philipgar »

I figure this is appropriate, as the Jayhawks were long friend of Soul Asylum. Anyhow, they released a new greatest hits/anthology album yesterday entitled Music from the north country. For existing fans, the 3 disc anthology set is a great buy, with 1 disc of greatest hits, 1 rarities disc, and a DVD. They also released a 1 disc version of just their "greatest hits". For those who haven't heard the Jayhawks yet, but have been meaning to, this is the perfect chance to get into them. For the time being Best Buy has the 1 CD set for $9.99, and the expanded anthology (with a bonus 5-song disc) at $19.99. Just figured I'd put this out there :).

Also, for those in mpls, the jayhawks are playing their first reunited show in the US in over 10 years on Friday... I can't wait!!!

Phil

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Re: The Jayhawks - Music From the North Country

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Glad to hear you're making the trip, Phil! I'll be there, too, both Fri and Sat. I still stunned that I'm finally gonna see the Jayhawks live. Somehow thought they'd never be on a stage all together again. :shock: :D
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

mclarenffive
Brand New Shine

Post by mclarenffive »

disc of greatest hits, means?
Last edited by mclarenffive on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Yes, it could be described that way I suppose. It's a great collection of songs.