The mats

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
philgar
O'Jeezer

The mats

Post by philgar »

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but just in case: http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... 96491.html.

All I can say is HOLY SHIT!!!

Who plans on making these, and which ones. I'm debating going to chicago or Denver, but not 100% sure if i'll be going. I really don't like big festival shows much, and the chicago tickets are $150, but it's the mother-*@#%ing replacements!!! There's also the issue of taking time off from work. I'm hoping to hear of some club shows or maybe a real tour instead of just these festival shows, because I'd much rather do that. If not, I suppose I'll just have to fly out for one of the festival shows.

Phil

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Re: The mats

Post by Karlwerneth »

I'll unfortunately be away the day of the Toronto show, not sure of the others. I agree, a small club/ theatre tour would be great and I would road trip for that. I never thought that this would happen. What's next... the Smiths?

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I haven't decided yet, because on one hand, it's the freakin' Replacements, I can't not be there, but on the other, I don't know enough yet to make a decision. If this was my one-and-only shot at seeing them ever, I'd be there come hell or high water. But the tickets are REALLY expensive, I would have to find someone to go with (Jim? Mom? Anyone?), and music festivals are a pain in the ass if you're just going for one band, so I'm holding out hope for a convenient date that's not a festival. I really hope they do more than just these three shows.

It says on the website though that "single day tickets will be available soon", so hopefully that'll make things a little cheaper and easier for us mats fans.

Good luck to everyone planning on going! :mrgreen:

Educatrix
Caged Rat

Post by Educatrix »

The only date I could really, truly do is Toronto (I'm a teacher, so taking off in the fall for Denver or Chicago would be really bad form!). It's tempting, but I'm still unsure. Ideally, this'll lead to some non-festival shows, for which I'd be more apt to travel.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

Patty and I will be at the Chicago show!
HOLY SHIT is right Phil!!!

Now our $55 pre-sale 3 day passes just became EPIC!!

Let just hope that The Replacements and Bob Mould don't play at the same time on the same day. That would be mean :x

http://riotfest.org/lineup/
Last edited by LittleTooClean on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Educatrix
Caged Rat

Post by Educatrix »

I'm looking over the Chicago bill and it's nearly killing me that I can't go!

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I too would like to see the Replacements. However, outside of them, most of that festival lineup doesn't really appeal to me. (There would be a few exceptions like Bob Mould.) If they would say who is playing what day for all the dates, that would make it easier for people to make travel plans.

I really hope these dates lead to more, and convenient located, shows.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

great news indeed! Have fun to those who will be able to see some of these!!

Looks like the Toronto shows will get one Mats show, the 2nd night. Not sure of the other cities if they are playing more than one night or not.

http://riotfest.org/toronto-tickets/
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Well, I got to see one Replacement this weekend. At the Solid Sound Festival that Wilco organized, Wilco did an all request show Friday night. One of the requested songs was "Color Me Impressed" and Wilco had Tommy Stinson join them onstage for the performance. I'm so glad I was there to see it!

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

apparently they are doing some rehearsing

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2 ... ootage.php

Unless I am missing something, that video footage could be just about anybody
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.