CC Club celebrating 80th anniversary with two shows

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

CC Club celebrating 80th anniversary with two shows

Post by EasyStreet »

I wonder who the bands will be?!?

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2 ... ncerts.php

You can throw a wadded-up bar napkin in any direction at the CC Club and probably hit a local musician, but it's far more rare to actually hear 'em playing at the Uptown watering hole. This December, the historic space that has hosted one of the great cultural revolutions of the Twin Cities and is fodder for the New York Times' assessment of our singles scene is gonna rock out.

Yes, the CC Club is marking its 80th anniversary with a pair of shows on December 6-7. As a press release points out, it's been decades since a band has played the 227-capacity room.

And for those interested, here is a really nice oral history about the CC Club
http://www.citypages.com/2013-05-01/new ... l-history/
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Re: CC Club celebrating 80th anniversary with two shows

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

So are you getting tickets this Wednesday? Both nights? One night? It's driving me crazy that they're keeping the bands a secret! I can't decide which night to pick... :shock:

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

hard call!

finding a bit more info online:
On December 6th & 7th, the CC Club will play host to live music, for two nights only. The lineup is being kept a secret, but it will be packed (six bands a night!) with a variety of local headlining acts, which have, and continue to put Minneapolis’ music scene on the map"
http://www.lavendermagazine.com/calenda ... niversary/

then this one from twitter
"C. Riemenschneider ‏@ChrisRstrib 28 Oct
I doubt any A-listers (B & CC listers?), but should be fun.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

so these shows are this w/end, starting tomorrow. Have they announced who is playing??

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

guess they kept it a secret up until each band hit the stage. Here is a report I found online about last nights show

"Hardcore Crayons, then Sean Anonymous, followed by Prisoner, Pennyroyal, Red Daughters and the grand closing headliner, I guess they could be refered to was Tapes 'n Tapes"

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Well, I was watching with dread as CC Club posted on FB each band that had just played. I kept waiting to hear that I missed Dave, or that Paul Westerberg showed up or something. Other than a Tapes n Tapes reunion, nothing seemed that impressive to me. I like Curtiss A, but I just saw him at The Replacements Tribute at First Ave. I like BNLX, but they just did that 2-nighter at Cause and also play elsewhere around town quite a bit. So I don't feel like I missed anything too legendary. So much for all the hype.

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.