The 757's

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Re: The 757's

Post by Sometime to Return »

I went to the show last night. Although; I didn’t know any of their songs, they sounded really great. They only played about 45 minutes; Paul’s bass broke. In the middle of a song; he put the bass on the ground, the band finished the song and the lead singer says..”Sorry guys; we don’t have a bass, we are done.”

Strangest thing ever; I am assuming they were supposed to play longer. If you get a chance to see them; I recommend you do.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

B R I A N
Stranger

Post by B R I A N »

Anyone in MN should go see The 757's tonight at the 400 BAR in Minneapolis.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

found some live footage of this band online (or not live really but in a studio)

http://www.mnstories.com/video/671/The- ... Local-Show
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

norma023 wrote:found some live footage of this band online (or not live really but in a studio)

http://www.mnstories.com/video/671/The- ... Local-Show
Damn! They're rockin'!

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

anyone going to their show tonight ??

http://www.millcitymuseum.org/millcitylive

Free, and outdoors!
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Yup, I was there! They totally rocked as usual! There's a video on youtube of that guy in the suit that danced to the Prince cover. Funny stuff!
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

yeah I went, first time seeing them and was quite surprised! Definately will see them again!! I saw that guy in the suit dancing too, so off to go check out those vids of him dancing! :P

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

norma023 wrote:yeah I went, first time seeing them and was quite surprised! Definately will see them again!! I saw that guy in the suit dancing too, so off to go check out those vids of him dancing! :P
Did you bring your son? Tons of kids there. Call me crazy, but if you actually posted a photo of yourself on fb, then I might actually recognize you and say hi at the events we both attend! I swear I don't bite! :)
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

Bammo - busted!
:mrgreen:

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

PROMISESBROKEN wrote:
norma023 wrote:yeah I went, first time seeing them and was quite surprised! Definately will see them again!! I saw that guy in the suit dancing too, so off to go check out those vids of him dancing! :P
Did you bring your son? Tons of kids there. Call me crazy, but if you actually posted a photo of yourself on fb, then I might actually recognize you and say hi at the events we both attend! I swear I don't bite! :)
If Todd had his picture on facebook, maybe you wouldn't be so quick to want to say hi to him :lol: .

I kid of course

Phil