View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Salim Nourallah & The Travoltas 
Inmate

Astute record buyers will recognize Salim Nourallah's name. He has produced albums for the Old 97s and others. He also has a band called the Travoltas. They have one physical CD at least, but I think he's got other stuff out there, at least as seen on various live youtube videos. They also have a "live shtick" too, no doubt part jest/part tribute to an era of awful suits. Sorry, I couldn't find any studio takes on youtube. Not really an "up and coming act" but a fun band I'd like to see again, if they ever get the call & the funds to go on the road again.

Public Skool (starts about 55 seconds in)

The Wrong Road

Mail Ya To Australya

Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:58 pm
Inmate

thanks for sharing. liked the first song. but as i was listening was reading your description and thinking... do i really want to get into a band with one album not actively doing more stuff? isn't being a SA fan frustrating enough sometimes?! if you know what i mean.

i'm bummed the 'new' band that i was getting into a few yrs ago seems to be on hiatus since shortly after i got into them (the brilliant mistakes) just glad i got to see them once live. (saw the bassist before hand and got to meet him too - cooL!)

anyways. i'm leaning towards buying the joseph arthur album - like the songs a lot. : )

the audiobook i'm in the middle of sucks which is great cuz i've been listening to music more in the car than i was.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]