'Mats reissue out now

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

'Mats reissue out now

Post by philipgar »

For those who don't know, the Replacements have finally reissued their first 4 albums from Twin/Tone records. If you don't already have these nows a good chance to get ones that actually sound good. I picked up my copies today. I haven't had a chance to listen to them all again, but these have always been some of my favorite albums. Of course, the first couple 'mats albums weren't the greatest, but I'd definitely recommend picking up Let It Be if nothing else. That's one of the best 'mats albums ever.

Also, as a side note, in the reissued CD for STINK they have a picture of a flyer from a show Friday January 21st for "The Replacements with Loud Fast Rules". Kind of neat to see something from the early days.

Phil

zany
Social Butterfly

Replacements music while out shopping

Post by zany »

not really related but i didn't want to start a new replacements thread just for this -

just wanted to share that i was shopping in Kohl's today and heard "skyway" :) nice!

it came on and i said "OH!!!!" my sisterinlaw looked at me funny and i decided to just say "i like this song" instead of "it's the REPLACEMENTS!!" and getting a blank stare :shock:

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Re: 'Mats reissue out now

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Cool, that's one of my favorites from the Replacements.

zany
Social Butterfly

Re: 'Mats reissue out now

Post by zany »

even though i've seen this movie before i just noticed "cant hardly wait" is playing in the background of a party scene in the move "he's just not that into you"

thought i'd share that replacements 'sighting'.