Remember Backbeat?

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: Remember Backbeat?

Post by philipgar »

I just watched that video for the first time, and Dave just seemed... Like Dave. When he was singing he was all over the stage doing his dancing and what not, but that seems pretty standard to me.

It really was no different than when Dave is playing CFAS or Just Like Anyone. If anything this video was calmer as dave didn't have a projectile guitar in his hands.

Phil

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Cordelia wrote:
no1rockfan wrote:Dave was a big drinker back then ....
Really ?!? I didn`t know this. Is he this now still? No, or ?!?
Last I heard, he was drinking less. I haven't been around him enough lately to know about his drinking habits these days.
philipgar wrote:Dave just seemed... Like Dave. When he was singing he was all over the stage doing his dancing and what not, but that seems pretty standard to me.

It really was no different than when Dave is playing CFAS or Just Like Anyone.
Me too. I made a comment about this on youtube.

The movie is terrific. I would rate it in my top movies.

Gail

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

What the hell? Dave doesn't look drunk! He looks just fucking fine!

Cool video, though. Thanks for posting. :)

Bono
Marionette

Post by Bono »

The Backbeat soundtrack was awesome! I have flashbacks to highschool when listening to it. Seemd like that' all we listend to in my buddy's car when driving around for the last two years of highschool. I still have the cd but don't listen to it much anymore. I should though. I highly doubt those youtube comments are accurate. Theres no way Kurt Cobain was pegged to sing the songs Dave did. I mean can anyone really see Kurt Cobain singing Long Tall Sally, 20 Flight Rock and C'mon Everybody. I don't think so. Dave was pretty mainstreme popular at the time and was likely the first choice.

Those wre the days though. When awards shows had actual bands performing. Now it's just a bunch of people jumping around to pre recorded music yelling "What! What! yeah! Uh huh! What!"
Never, forever, whatever!