RIP Jay Bennett

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

RIP Jay Bennett

Post by philipgar »

Jay Bennett, the ex-multi-instrumentalist from Wilco passed away this passed weekend. Details on it are scarce, but it's a sad day for music, as he passed away in his sleep way too young. He'll be missed, everyone should spin up some of his tune to remember him.

Phil

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Re: RIP Jay Bennett

Post by sayeeda »

Very sad. I read about this here last night but preferred to let a fan post the news, rather than a passer-by. Regardless, he will be missed by fans and passers-by alike.

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

What a shock. This is the first I heard of his death. I knew he was trying to raise money to get a hip replacement and doing his best to get healthy, but this is crazy. I'm a huge fan, and he really was a sincere, kind person. This is too sad.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

GraveDancer
Runaway

Post by GraveDancer »

Horrible news. THe guy seemed to be one of those brilliant guys you would want to have in studio with you. Oddly enough, I discovered his myspace page a while ago from a message he had left on Soul Asylum's myspace page / comments.

Jay Bennett Died Of Painkiller Overdose. :(

Tests showed that Bennett died from fentanyl, a drug often prescribed to treat chronic pain.

The Tribune reports that, PriCara, a division of Johnson & Johnson, recalled fentanyl patches last year after finding that some could leak, leading to labored breathing and potential overdose.