The Twilight Hours (Matt Wilson/John Munson of TS)

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

The Twilight Hours (Matt Wilson/John Munson of TS)

Post by philipgar »

I know there are a few other trip shakespeare fans over here, and there tangentially related to SA (both mpls bands), so I figured I'd mention that Matt Wilson and John Munson have formed a new band The Twilight Hours, and released a new album called Stereo Night. From their website:

Oh, Sweet Mama, the time has come for us all to acquire “Stereo Night”. Let it in! Let the music pour over you. If there was ever a time to burn up some of your limited remaining hearing capability on a nice loud headphone listen, this is probably it. Let The Twilight Hours inside!

The first review of this album is already in. It was written by the band several months ago and it is definitive. Journalists, why don’t you take a little break, enjoy the music, and just print this:

“Scroungers. Scammers. Cads. They’ve ruined their reputations and their bodies. They’ve taken, exploited, and left a trail of anger. What could John Munson and Matt Wilson ever understand about love? A yet we have here before us The Twilight Hours’ first album, “Stereo Night”, and it is a work of towering beauty and sensitivity. As men they deserve nothing, but the music itself demands recognition as an instant classic – a work for the ages! “
I haven't listened to it all yet, but what i've heard I like. If you like Burnt White and Blue (matt's other solo album), you'll like this. They have it for sale on CD and LP on their website, and offer free mp3 downloads of it (I grabbed that until i can order the CD). There website is: http://thetwilighthours.com.

Phil

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: The Twilight Hours (Matt Wilson/John Munson of TS)

Post by philipgar »

I figured I'd reply to this thread a while later, but I just read an interesting article by Jim Walsh on this album. I figured I'd post about it here because he actually references Dave in the article (or rather Crazy Mixed Up World) which I thought was cool... I suppose we should do what the man without ties board does and start a vaguely related to SA thread where we post random mentions to anything SA....

Phil
http://www.minnpost.com/artsarena/2009/ ... ring_debut