all those stones

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
crawl
Social Butterfly

Re: all those stones

Post by crawl »

I think it is interesting to see how things in US are seen in other countries. And I know so little about how things work elsewhere. For the most part here things seem free (except for the taxes part). I do think the Patriot Act authorized bizarre amounts of invasions into privacy in the name of protecting society. I also think it is unconstitutional.

But so many things are being done here now in the name of fear. Feeding on fear is what allowed Hitler to rise to power, overtake the government, and control the masses. Use of fear, lies, and propaganda allowed him to take over half of Europe and kill millions. Fear is such a mind killer, it can turn neighbor against neighbor.

But still we all live in our own little worlds and only really care about what effects us. Things happening across the world even in the next state (AZ) seem far away and beyond our control. But the thing is, the reality is: It's one world. And we should all be trying to figure out how to make it work and how to make it better.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.