[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - Song versus song
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Song versus song 
Inmate

i have to go with runaway train on this one because that was my favorite line of any song back in GDU days (haven't really re-assessed it lately) 'can you help me remember how to smile'

next question -

favorite song with "action -ing verb"

slowly rising
crashing down
growing into you
i will still be laughing
standing in the doorway
walking

i didn't include __in' ones like spinnin' (saving those for another Q!) or ones where the -ing verb is just descriptive like growing pain. (sorry for all the weird explanations - it's just getting harder for me to come up with categories!)

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:31 pm
Inmate

I can't decide between crashing down and standing in the doorway, crashing down is one of the best songs on WYWO, but the first time I heard Standing in the doorway, I could and still can relate to that line: don't try to tell me I'm paranoid, so i vote for SITD

I just noticed this:
Can't Go Back: seeing things clearly and I thank you so dearly...
See You Later: and how I thank you dearly for helping me see clearly...

Ha, what do you think? Seeing that the first song is Dan's and the second one Dave's - I can only conclude: great minds think alike!

Since I currently have no inspiration for a better battle of songs, these songs are my next question: which of these two do you like more?

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:50 am
Inmate

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:29 pm
Inmate

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:35 pm
Inmate

Actually, a stiletto is a type of dagger. Shoes with slender, pointed heels are called stilettos because the heels resemble the shape of that dagger's blade.

Because of "stabbing," I think the stiletto in "Bittersweetheart" is meant to be a dagger, not a shoe.

Butting out now. :)

Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:12 pm
Inmate

I Did My Best - because I always found that line quite funny

next question: favorite "broken" song:
Broken Glass
Made To Be Broken
Promises Broken

off-topic: zany, why are we the only ones playing this game? Not that I mind playing with you (god, this sounded weird :lol: ) No one wants to play it anymore, and generally things have become really slow around here. Or do I just have too much time on my hands? Or did you all went to Hawaii for a summer vacation and ditched us? :D

Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:31 pm
Inmate

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Inmate

Ship Of Fools - I first heard that song when watching a video of live performance by Dan & Dave, I think it was in Madison, 1991. And it was the slow, acoustic, quiet version and I really liked it. Then I bought Made To Be Broken and heard the real version, but somehow, for me, the actual version of that song is the acoustic one - it really stuck with me, so I vote for that song

next question: best song with a vulture in it:
Beggars and Choosers (the vultures are all circling around your window now...)
Somebody To Shove (and the time flies by like a vulture in the sky...)

mad_soul,
haha, I'm glad that you're here somewhere, if not writing anything then at least reading posts :) I was worried people forgot about this site - even the moderators escaped :lol: (just kidding...)

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:18 am
Inmate

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:53 pm
Inmate

Haha, really? :D
Yes, we shouldn't let this thread be forgotten! Let's keep on playing! :D

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11