Any craft beer fans out there?

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Any craft beer fans out there?

Post by TravisSaves »

Since there is very little to talk about in Soul Asylum world besides their 30th anniversary, I figured I'd ask, "Are there any craft beer fans that read this forum and love Soul Asylum"? Most people who are passionate about craft beer are also artists and musicians, so I figured there may be a few of us here!

I am the co-founder and co-host of the iTunes podcast THE BEER AMIGOS. You can follow us on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/thebeeramigos and listen to us for free on iTunes here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the- ... d444049913 If you check us out, please let me know what you think!

Currently, some of my favorite brewing companies are:

Dogfish Head
Founders
Brooklyn Brewery
Captain Lawrence
Stone
Unibroue

What about all you?!

-Travis

theswine
Runaway

Re: Any craft beer fans out there?

Post by theswine »

Big time craft beer fan here. Current favorites include:

Deschutes
Bells (love the 2 Hearted)
Lucette
3 Floyds
Short's

Cheers!

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

mmm, you're making me thirsty now... Not sure what my favorites are, I like so many of them. It's also hard to choose because my lineup shifted when I moved from Madison out to California. New/different brews to choose from, so I'll try to stick with beers I can get here (but no promises). So if I had to choose just 5...

Unibroue, because they're amazing, but always really expensive
Rogue - don't think they make a bad one
Stone - Had their double bastard ale the other day, amazing stuff
New Belgium - I just finished a sixth barrel of fat tire off from my kegerator. Mmm, that was delicious, but now the tap is empty (any suggestions for next)

can't choose a fifth offhand, so many ones I like, but not too many that are standing out for me at the moment. New Glarus from WI is always great (as is capital), and dogfishhead makes some damn good brews, but I haven't had them in a while, more expensive... Hmm, lets figure out what I'll put on tap next (I could get two for it, but not sure if I'll do that just yet.

Phil

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Yes, Stone's "Double Bastard" rules! I live on Long Island in New York and would love to visit some of the great westcoast breweries, like Stone. I've dug a ton of their beers over the last few years. It's a shame it never gets too cold in CA, because if it did, I would definitely suggest Stone's "Smoked Porter" for you! It's kept me company on many cold winter nights.

Once winter hits here, I love dark porters and stouts. One of my favorite winter beers is Brooklyn's "Black Chocolate Stout". It's truly phenomenal.

theswine
Runaway

Post by theswine »

Here are a few more suggestions:

New Holland
Surly
Alaskan
Boulevard

jessy27
Stranger

Post by jessy27 »

I'm more a absolut vodka and cranberry person myself, I do however like
guinness. That's only natural I suppose I'm Irish. :D

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

how small does it have to be to be 'craft'?
i like hooker brewery's (in CT) stuff particularly the watermelon ale. mmmm.