The winter is comming

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

We're having a big snow storm in Boston today. I went to the Boston Pops concert this afternoon and at least a third of the orchestra was missing because they couldn't get to Symphony Hall. (My apartment is a ten minute walk away, so I had no problem.) It made for a very interesting concert. Keith Lockhart totally had to improvise - changing the song selection and the order of songs based on the musicians he had available, and watching out for musicians as they arrived mid-show. At one point he said, "If there are any serious amateur musicians in the audience and you have your instruments with you, come on up." It ended up being a lot of fun because it was much more intimate than a typical Pops show. The chorus came out and sang from the audience, and Keith even came into the audience himself during the singalong. It was a winter wonderland when I got out of the show. Very pretty, but the roads are a nightmare.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

pathorses
O'Jeezer

The winter is comming

Post by pathorses »

So, did any amateurs take him up on the offer? I can't imagine that they would have their instruments with them, but what an opportunity!
We're having a big snow storm in Boston today. I went to the Boston Pops concert this afternoon and at least a third of the orchestra was missing because they couldn't get to Symphony Hall. (My apartment is a ten minute walk away, so I had no problem.) It made for a very interesting concert. Keith Lockhart totally had to improvise - changing the song selection and the order of songs based on the musicians he had available, and watching out for musicians as they arrived mid-show. At one point he said, "If there are any serious amateur musicians in the audience and you have your instruments with you, come on up." It ended up being a lot of fun because it was much more intimate than a typical Pops show. The chorus came out and sang from the audience, and Keith even came into the audience himself during the singalong. It was a winter wonderland when I got out of the show. Very pretty, but the roads are a nightmare.

Thirty-day guarantee, but they can't have meant me.

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Great! I'll hire a crew to shovel up all the snow they can find, pack and seal them in boxes, the kind used to pack ice or anything frozen, pile up the boxes in a temperature-controlled semi, drive down to the Atlantic Coast, load them onto a cargo-carrying ship, also temperature-controlled. At this point, they'll also load some of that freshly fallen Northeastern snow. (bonus gift :wink: )

Then, we'll ship it to the German coast, somewhere near Norden or Wangerland, where you can await my ship and we'll handover the piles to you. How does that sound? :D

Cordelia wrote:
sayeeda wrote: Cordelia, you can gladly have my white christmas, all of it! :)
Oh yeah .... please .... send all your nice snow to Germany! :lol:

Cordelia
Caged Rat

Post by Cordelia »

@sayeeda: Oh yeah, that would be great! :mrgreen:
Many Greetings from Germany
yours Cordelia

g8trcarol
Caged Rat

Post by g8trcarol »

We haven't seen snow down here since January of 1976! It made the front page of the Miami Herald.