The winter is comming

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
Cordelia
Caged Rat

The winter is comming

Post by Cordelia »

Oh my dear ..... I was riding on my bike to the shop (shopping for the lunch). It was so cold. My hands and my nose were frozen.
But we don`t have snow. Last year we didn`t have much snow. And this year we wouldn`t have snow too, I think.

Do you have snow?
Many Greetings from Germany
yours Cordelia

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I was thrilled to see that we had our first snow here in southern Sweden almost a month ago, but it's all gone now. Looking outside from my window sill (no pun intended ;)), however, I just noticed that there are some tiny, tiny flakes falling. If I'm lucky, we'll have snow this Christmas, because I can't remember a Christmas Eve in recent years where we've had snow. Here's to hoping!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Cordelia
Caged Rat

Post by Cordelia »

I want a white christmas too! *hope*

yours Cordelia

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

There's plenty of snow out here in Wisconsin... We'll gladdly let you have it. Just bring a couple shovels!

Phil

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

philipgar wrote:There's plenty of snow out here in Wisconsin... We'll gladdly let you have it. Just bring a couple shovels!

Phil
All I got is a small dusting with a substantial amount of freezing rain by me. 5 miles north and south, and west of me, there's almost 6 inches of snow! I realize its got to end somewhere, but c'mon (seemed like it avoided my city on purpose). A lot of that Chicago Lake (Michigan) effect weather plays a big role in it. There's been many winters here where there wasn't a drop of snow on the ground for Christmas; then a few days later, we get blasted :D .
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
philipgar wrote:There's plenty of snow out here in Wisconsin... We'll gladdly let you have it. Just bring a couple shovels!

Phil
All I got is a small dusting with a substantial amount of freezing rain by me. 5 miles north and south, and west of me, there's almost 6 inches of snow! .
Consider yourself lucky!!! Madison has been blasted with snow this December. There's over a foot left on the ground right now, and it's not going anywhere fast. I don't think it's been above freezing in a couple weeks, so no luck on the melting. Although this afternoon it seems to be melting away somewhat, which is surprising, as it hasn't even hit 30.

No complaints about that, although I'm sure it means the walk home from lab tonight will suck.

Phil

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Two words...

SNOW BLOWS
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Phil, I assume it's the sunshine effect, even if the temp. is below 30. What always sucks is the ice. I'll take slush over that any day!

Cordelia, you can gladly have my white christmas, all of it! :)

Yep...we got blasted the same way last year...and exactly on New Year's Eve! Gawd..you're lucky! I wish it was only a small dusting...though I can do without the blast when it comes. White Christmas this year? No?

*Don't count your flakes before they fall! :wink:

Cordelia
Caged Rat

Post by Cordelia »

sayeeda wrote: Cordelia, you can gladly have my white christmas, all of it! :)
Oh yeah .... please .... send all your nice snow to Germany! :lol:
yours Cordelia

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

You can have the snow where I am too. My drive home from work took nearly 2 hours tonight, when in decent weather it takes about 20 minutes. Grrrr.