Do you have pets?

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: Do you have pets?

Post by philipgar »

puppies.jpg
puppies.jpg (146.77 KiB) Viewed 57094 times
I don't actually have any pets of my own (poor grad student who's rarely home etc. But my parents have 2 wonderful dogs. Here's a picture of them from when I was visiting over christmas break. Sandy's the older one on the left, and Rosie is on the right. It's amazing what a pain it is to get two dogs to stare at a camera for you. That being said, I know my parents have more pictures of the dog than they have of me.

Phil
Attachments
puppies.jpg
puppies.jpg (146.77 KiB) Viewed 56947 times
Last edited by philipgar on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cordelia
Caged Rat

Post by Cordelia »

Oh, they are so beautiful! :P
Many Greetings from Germany
yours Cordelia

sometimetoreturn
Marionette

Post by sometimetoreturn »

hey all, all is well in boston,another championship,it's getting hard tokeep track ...i had two dogs but just recently had to put my teddy down ,15 yearsold ,i still miss him..he was a springer spaniel /beagle mix,best dog ever ...i still have reilly yellow lab /golden retrevier mix,he's 11...he's changed since teddy's gone...we also a cat whiskers ,2 turtles,tom and fred ,and afew catipillars that my kids got at the dog park . there waiting for them to change into butterflies..i call my son mike jr. the Marlin Perkins of waltham, he loves all animals...also idon't post alot but i like reading all the posts ....looking forward to some sa shows soon .....mike b.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

sometimetoreturn wrote:hey all, all is well in boston,another championship,it's getting hard tokeep track ...i had two dogs but just recently had to put my teddy down ,15 yearsold ,i still miss him..he was a springer spaniel /beagle mix,best dog ever ...i still have reilly yellow lab /golden retrevier mix,he's 11...he's changed since teddy's gone...we also a cat whiskers ,2 turtles,tom and fred ,and afew catipillars that my kids got at the dog park . there waiting for them to change into butterflies..i call my son mike jr. the Marlin Perkins of waltham, he loves all animals...also idon't post alot but i like reading all the posts ....looking forward to some sa shows soon .....mike b.
Sorry to hear about Teddy, at least he got to live a long and full life though. It's always sad to have to put one of your pets down.

I'm just checking, but you're the same Mike who's flown in for a couple of shows and I've met up with (and owe DVDs to), right? It gets confusing as usernames aren't the same on this board.

Phil

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

This is a bit late, but I love my pets. I have a 9 year old black lab named Pepper. She's going to turn 10 at the end of next month. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with a brain tumor(or something similar to a tumor, we're not really sure) in February. We almost had to put her to sleep because she couldn't get up the stairs and she started having seizures. I have one cat named Alice. She's somewhere from 18 to 21 or more and she is psychotic. She pees everywhere so we had to lock her in a cage(it was for Pepper when she was a puppy, so it's big enough for Alice). She even peed on my gym bag, and I didn't notice so I brought it to school and had to tell my gym teacher why I couldn't put on my clothes. She's really small next to our old cat Tony, who died 5 days before my birthday in March. He was the only pet my parents actually liked and he was only 15 or 16(he was born in March, but we're not sure which day). He hated me and I have the scars to prove it. My dad even put up a picture of him in the dining room that makes him look like he's watching us(it was originally on top of the tv in the living room, but one day I looked up and thought that Tony had come back from the dead and was sitting there, watching me with those bright yellow eyes). Finally, I have some suicidal fish downstairs. Only one is named, the silver shark. His name is the Silver Pickle because my mom is legally blind and one day our other silver shark jumped out of the tank and looked like a pickle. That one died the next day, leaving us with the other shark and three tiger barbs. We did have goldfish, but the coral fell over and broke the glass. We had to move them to our other tank, but they died shortly afterwards. I guess this year was not a good year to be a pet in my family, and again, I am sorry for going into so much detail.

samtheslug
Runaway

Post by samtheslug »

Yup - I have a dog & a rabbit.
I did use to have a varitey of pets - like fish & gerbils - but they had the habit of dieing. :?

jhonsadins
Lone Rider

Post by jhonsadins »

I have one dog name- Cody , one cocatail name - Sammy and one mini lop bunny name- Chloe.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Since this thread got revived I thought I'd post mine finally :lol: I wanted to when it was new but I never did. So here they are! (as if Jim hasn't seen enough of them :P )

The big one is Dawson. He's an Alaskan Malamute and he weighs about 115 pounds. I bought him when I was 12. The black one is Angel, the family dog. She's a Flat Coated Retriever mix. I love my duggies :-)
Dawson and Angel.jpg
Dawson and Angel.jpg (29.34 KiB) Viewed 56874 times
I also have a rabbit that's 12 years old. You can see him in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB5jOYd8C10

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

AlyssaJones wrote:Since this thread got revived I thought I'd post mine finally :lol: I wanted to when it was new but I never did. So here they are! (as if Jim hasn't seen enough of them :P )

The big one is Dawson. He's an Alaskan Malamute and he weighs about 115 pounds. I bought him when I was 12. The black one is Angel, the family dog. She's a Flat Coated Retriever mix. I love my duggies :-)
Dawson and Angel.jpg
I also have a rabbit that's 12 years old. You can see him in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB5jOYd8C10
Cute dogs!!! You're making me want to get some of my own, but I know I can't till I get a real job or something like that.

As for your rabbit... I have to ask, is it a time travelling bunny?

Phil

brandonkuala
Lone Rider

Post by brandonkuala »

philipgar wrote:
puppies.jpg
I don't actually have any pets of my own (poor grad student who's rarely home etc. But my parents have 2 wonderful dogs. Here's a picture of them from when I was visiting over christmas break. Sandy's the older one on the left, and Rosie is on the right. It's amazing what a pain it is to get two dogs to stare at a camera for you. That being said, I know my parents have more pictures of the dog than they have of me.

Phil
They are very smart dogs. I am sure many will love them as they go in a tamed manner. How I wish I have my dogs like yours too.
Last edited by brandonkuala on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.