Best albums of 2007

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Judith-

What is that about The Minority / Chic / Ann Arbor.

Tried to get Wilco tickets this morning for Chic. shows. No go! I don't know how people get tickets. It is a long way from the Navy Pier Ball room in 1995 and Lounge Axe shows where I bought the tickets from Jeff, Sue and Spencer. So yeah two years of shut outs for me. Have to go to WI or IN for shows but they are still a ball and am glad they are successful. Still trying to find a way to do MN.

Meg

Cordelia
Caged Rat

Post by Cordelia »

Please don`t be shocked! I`m listing to Gothic-musik, too. And so here are my favourite albums of 2007:

Untoten - "Die Nonnen von Loudun"

Samsas Traum - "Wenn schwarzer Regen fällt" & "Heiliges Herz - das Schwert Deiner Sonne"
Image Image

Blutengel - "Labyrinth"

Soko Friedhof - "Klingeltöne Satans"
Many Greetings from Germany
yours Cordelia

disilluzion
O'Jeezer

Post by disilluzion »

clammers wrote:SIXX: A.M. - The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack
Been meaning to ask you this when I first saw your post. Is this worth getting? I've been a fan of Mötley Crüe since as long as I can remember and Nikki Sixx knows how to write a good song. I saw a special on VH1 last summer about this side project, but kind of forgot about it until I heard a song of theirs on the radio yesterday. I don't listen to radio but I forgot my iPod at home so I had no choice.

Anywho, long story short, just wondering if this is a solid album worth getting.

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Very good cd. Go to their myspace and check out some more songs.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =215181433

I don't think there is a bad song on the cd.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

g8trcarol
Caged Rat

Post by g8trcarol »

I just bought SA's "The Silver Lining" and it has lived in the car's CD player ever since. The only other new CD I can recall off of my head is Kid Rock's latest and a reissue of Cinderella's hits, but I'm sure we got a few others. I took me a while to find "TSL", several music stores didn't have it in stock, and my local Best Buy just had two. It takes me a while to warm up to newer artists these days, especially since all my students listen to urban rap and hip hop. I think I know all the cuts on Rick Ross's "Port of Miami" but I can't say I enjoy it.

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Re: Best albums of 2007

Post by lune ellise »

Nobody mentions Rihanna or Beyonce here???

MY KIND OF PLACE! I BELONG!
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum