Spring

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
crawl
Social Butterfly

Spring

Post by crawl »

OK so around about now us folks in the colder climates need something to look forward to for the spring...A sign that the snow can't last forever and there is something to look forward too. And some how throwing up green beer is just not doing it for me anymore. And neither is one show in CT and one in TX. After all don't you have a Chicago lay over either way? I know you have to use up our air space. So I say stop on in and give us a show!!! It has been a while...

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

I agree, this winter has been dreadful. I feel like I'm walking in caves around my apartment with all the massive snow banks. Plus, 5 degree weather is getting quite old. The only redeeming thing is that it's going to get into the 20s tomorrow. I can't wait!

That said, an SA show or two would go a long way right about now. There are a couple other shows in the area coming up though, so I can manage (Grace Potter is coming in a few weeks, and Gary Louris has a show at the end of March).

Phil

g8trcarol
Caged Rat

Post by g8trcarol »

So sorry guys, I'm melting in the 80 something degrees weather right now...it hasn't been much of a winter for us. If it makes you feel any better, I don't see anything at all close to me. If anybody needs to thaw out, head on down to South Florida. I think we just caught the 24 hour drugstore thieves who were terrorizing the area, so it's marginally safer...

Peace,
Carol

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

g8trcarol wrote:So sorry guys, I'm melting in the 80 something degrees weather right now...it hasn't been much of a winter for us. If it makes you feel any better, I don't see anything at all close to me. If anybody needs to thaw out, head on down to South Florida. I think we just caught the 24 hour drugstore thieves who were terrorizing the area, so it's marginally safer...

Peace,
Carol
I grew up in Tampa for many, many years. I think I'll stick to wiscsonsin. We might not have the warmth of florida, but we have many many more concerts of note. I get to see Gary Louris next month, and I think I can tolerate a few -10 degree days for that privilege.

Phil

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Can I in any kind of good conscience complain about a lack of music in New Orleans? I mean I just saw Kermit Ruffins and Henry Butler on the same stage at the same time.

But Soul Asylum? Nooooooooooooooooooooo.......

I guess complaining about that would just be silly....I'm complaining about it anyway :)

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Just spent my birthday in a WI blizzard only to travel through another one later in the week. Can't find anything on the UT shows and looks like CA is KO missed Gary out of town in snowy WI.

But my peonies are coming up :D So it is going to get better!!