How did you find this site?

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.

How did you find this site? Through...

... a search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.)
12%
... the old O'Jeez mailing list
36%
... the band's MySpace
28%
... a suggestion from a friend
12%
... some other way
12%

Total votes: 25

Homesick
Warden

How did you find this site?

Post by Homesick »

Although web site statistics give me some indication, I think it's also important to ask visitors directly how they found this website. I've listed what I think are the most common routes in the poll, as well as an "Other" option if none apply.

Feel free to elaborate on your vote by posting a message in this thread.

I didn't find the site as much as I founded it, but I cast my vote on "some other way" so that I can more easily view the results as they come in. 8)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Well since I co-founded the site, I'll just cast my vote as "some other way" as well.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I came here from the OJeez Yahoo board. :)

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

A fellow fan pointed me here. Sure have heard alot about the OJeezers since I got here though :roll: is that something that is still active?

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

crawl wrote:A fellow fan pointed me here. Sure have heard alot about the OJeezers since I got here though :roll: is that something that is still active?
The term o'jeezers refers to the old fan club at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/oj ... oulasylum/ . This club was home to SA discussions from 98 till this site opened late last year. I closed down the old site for posts shortly after this forum came online, and pushed everyone to move over here. Im pretty sure a significant portion of the people on here are holdovers from the old club.

Phil

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Wow! :shock: I'm the only one from SA's Myspace page! So far, anyway. The story goes...I was looking for an SA song to put on my MySpace profile, saw the URL to this site, checked it out, liked what I saw, and joined. O'course I added that song to my space. :)

theswine
Runaway

Post by theswine »

I'm an old O'Jeezer, too. Thanks to all who made this site happen and continue to be fun and informative.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Through SA's MySpace page, after a tolerant friend gently suggested, "Why don't you find a fansite so you can discuss the band with other people who like them?" Hint taken!
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

g8trcarol
Caged Rat

Post by g8trcarol »

I searching for video and pics of the show at the Hollywood Clambake (in Florida, not CA) when I stumbled upon the myspace page and its link.

Peace,
Carol

Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: How did you find this site?

Post by Closer »

O' Jeez mailing list.