annoying new girl

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
zany
Social Butterfly

Re: annoying new girl

Post by zany »

i think i will opt to avoid the sad stuff.
i think my movie will be ending right aroudn whent he chat starts. my husband went to his friend's to watch football tonight - yay. i love when he watches that crp away from here. it's so loud and football-y. usually i encourage him to go to the bar w/ his friends on sundays. doesn't usually work but sometimes. i can't believe the season started... boo i can't wait for it to end.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

zany wrote:i think i will opt to avoid the sad stuff.
i think my movie will be ending right aroudn whent he chat starts. my husband went to his friend's to watch football tonight - yay. i love when he watches that crp away from here. it's so loud and football-y. usually i encourage him to go to the bar w/ his friends on sundays. doesn't usually work but sometimes. i can't believe the season started... boo i can't wait for it to end.
If not the sad, what about the funny? My cat Alice, who is about twenty years old, decided to start peeing on everything after what happened in March(I won't say what, but if you're curious I wrote it in that other thread). She peed on my gym bag one day and I didn't notice so I brought it to school. I had to explain to my gym teacher what had happened and she laughed at me. She started saying "Yeah, I hear that one all the time." I told her that I'd show it to her,though, and I'm pretty sure she believed me since I ended up with a one-hundred in that class. Although, after that she always remembered my name.
Football isn't that bad. I can stand to watch it, but I prefer to actually physically throw the ball(the only part that I can do. I can barely catch it.). My dad is usually alone while watching football because my mom is legally blind, but she does enjoy watching boxing.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

stuck_in_the_90s wrote:I can go on for hours about all of the mental illnesses in my family. Like the suicides(a few of those people actually married into the family), the one male that is left of my grandfather's(he killed himself) brothers who is currently taking pills, another one that "accidentally" shot himself in the head while cleaning his gun, and much, much more. I'm ok with talking about that stuff to my friends and some kids I barely know. Who would really want to keep mental illnesses like this inside? One of my friends actually said that I'm either going to become a serial killer or a druggie when I grow up(because of I Get High and Seattle, both by Fastball). Which reminds me, my grandma, who got hit in the head with a hammer, said that we have a murderer in our family, too, but my dad doesn't believe her(she's his mother-in-law, not his mom).
Nicole, you will not end up a serial killer or a druggie if you don't want to. Mental illness is rarely hereditary. People used to think suicidal tendencies ran in families because of genetics, but they later found out that it is just learned behavior. People in families with suicides learn to think of suicide as an option. But learned behavior can be unlearned.

You're a smart, articulate girl. You can be your own woman and make your own good choices in life.

I don't mean to lecture you, but it's really important that you don't let anyone make you think your family history dooms you to anything. It doesn't. You can be whoever and whatever you want to be.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
stuck_in_the_90s wrote:I can go on for hours about all of the mental illnesses in my family. Like the suicides(a few of those people actually married into the family), the one male that is left of my grandfather's(he killed himself) brothers who is currently taking pills, another one that "accidentally" shot himself in the head while cleaning his gun, and much, much more. I'm ok with talking about that stuff to my friends and some kids I barely know. Who would really want to keep mental illnesses like this inside? One of my friends actually said that I'm either going to become a serial killer or a druggie when I grow up(because of I Get High and Seattle, both by Fastball). Which reminds me, my grandma, who got hit in the head with a hammer, said that we have a murderer in our family, too, but my dad doesn't believe her(she's his mother-in-law, not his mom).
Nicole, you will not end up a serial killer or a druggie if you don't want to. Mental illness is rarely hereditary. People used to think suicidal tendencies ran in families because of genetics, but they later found out that it is just learned behavior. People in families with suicides learn to think of suicide as an option. But learned behavior can be unlearned.

You're a smart, articulate girl. You can be your own woman and make your own good choices in life.

I don't mean to lecture you, but it's really important that you don't let anyone make you think your family history dooms you to anything. It doesn't. You can be whoever and whatever you want to be.
Oh, I don't plan to be a serial killer or a druggie. If I were to commit a murder it would be a one time thing and it would be over something incredibly stupid. I was actually talking to Zany, Phil, and Monolith Maniac(don't really feel comfortable calling you Jim for some reason. hope you don't mind) on Tuesday about some stuff. It came up that I was actually planning on being a psychiatrist, not a druggie or serial killer, and if you got the wrong impression of what I was saying before, I have never contemplated killing myself, it just feels better to get it out there. I have no problem whatsoever saying that stuff. Besides, would I be the person I currently am if none of that craziness had ever happened? No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't have my aunt around, my mom wouldn't be blind, and I probably would have never of been born. Craziness sometimes comes in handy, even though your grandpa might think he's Jesus and beat up a cop while he's naked. Really, what would life be like if we didn't have those psychos? It'd be extremely boring, that's for sure!!

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

nicole i'm replying here from your holey thread post....

your taco plans sound good - don't post details on the web - gotta keep people from stealing your tacoplans! mm i'm hungry.

yeah i wasn't as chatty as i expected on the chat either but i wasn't really sure how they were. i haven't chatted much online before. but anyways...
that's ok.

i'm bored again tonight (in case you couldn't tell) i've been out all day dealing with house-buying stuff (yay!) but now i'm too exhausted to do anything but i'm still bored.

did you start your new school? did it go ok?

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

stuck_in_the_90s wrote:Oh, I don't plan to be a serial killer or a druggie. If I were to commit a murder it would be a one time thing and it would be over something incredibly stupid. I was actually talking to Zany, Phil, and Monolith Maniac(don't really feel comfortable calling you Jim for some reason. hope you don't mind) on Tuesday about some stuff. It came up that I was actually planning on being a psychiatrist, not a druggie or serial killer, and if you got the wrong impression of what I was saying before, I have never contemplated killing myself, it just feels better to get it out there. I have no problem whatsoever saying that stuff. Besides, would I be the person I currently am if none of that craziness had ever happened? No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't have my aunt around, my mom wouldn't be blind, and I probably would have never of been born. Craziness sometimes comes in handy, even though your grandpa might think he's Jesus and beat up a cop while he's naked. Really, what would life be like if we didn't have those psychos? It'd be extremely boring, that's for sure!!
Oh, I understood that you plan to be a psychiatrist and I agree that it's good to talk about these things and get them out there. I was responding more to what you mentioned that your friend had said about you and your family history. I just didn't want you to get it into your head that your family history determines your future. Sometimes people get this feeling that because their families are one way that they'll end up that way, too. But it just isn't so and I wanted to make sure you knew that you can make your own way in life. Consider it a misguided maternal instinct on my part. :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:nicole i'm replying here from your holey thread post....

your taco plans sound good - don't post details on the web - gotta keep people from stealing your tacoplans! mm i'm hungry.

yeah i wasn't as chatty as i expected on the chat either but i wasn't really sure how they were. i haven't chatted much online before. but anyways...
that's ok.

i'm bored again tonight (in case you couldn't tell) i've been out all day dealing with house-buying stuff (yay!) but now i'm too exhausted to do anything but i'm still bored.

did you start your new school? did it go ok?
I wasn't planning on sharing any of my taco plans!
I'm really bored, too. I didn't feel like doing my homework today. I tend to do that stuff on Saturdays, so I watched She's the Man, a movie that my friends gape at me for never seeing before. I thought it was a bit ridiculous so I kept checking back here in hopes of avoiding it.
I started my new school on Wednesday. I got lost going to my locker and today going to the gym. The school is basically set up as two circles. The A classrooms are where you have the required classes that are the "educational" ones, like bio, French, and geometry. That's in one square. The other square is made up of B classes like gym, orchestra, the cafeteria, etc. There are two floors to the A and only one for the B(that I know of so far). If you don't pay attention you'll end up walking in a circle, plus there is at least one extra hallway that splits the B square into two rectangles(which is where I got lost). French II and orchestra are going great so far, I have seating auditions Monday(so far I'm the only freshman that actually practiced third position). The geometry h teacher reminds me of someone in the military and someone today actually asked him about that and he said "If I told you that, I'd have to kill you." Then he laughed and said "No, I wasn't." We actually had to write an essay about how we used math over the summer, and I went to band camp(you wouldn't believe how many people started laughing and talking about American Pie after I said that, and I myself have never seen the movie) so of course I used math! For gym I signed up for speedminton(similar to badminton) because it was either that or flag football(archery filled up fast and you got to choose in order of last name). Health is a bit boring so far and so is bio, but we haven't really gotten started. My global teacher likes to have weird conversations about his bag of crap and Nirvana(he was talking about Buddhism, them asked if anyone knew what it was called when you reached the eighth step and said that it was the name of a famous grunge rock band). Finally, my English h teacher reminds me of Alex Trebek. That's basically my high school experience so far. Only two teachers remember my brother and sister, though next year the chemistry teacher here was apparently scared of my brother, and the year after that I'll probably have the teacher my brother cursed at.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
stuck_in_the_90s wrote:Oh, I don't plan to be a serial killer or a druggie. If I were to commit a murder it would be a one time thing and it would be over something incredibly stupid. I was actually talking to Zany, Phil, and Monolith Maniac(don't really feel comfortable calling you Jim for some reason. hope you don't mind) on Tuesday about some stuff. It came up that I was actually planning on being a psychiatrist, not a druggie or serial killer, and if you got the wrong impression of what I was saying before, I have never contemplated killing myself, it just feels better to get it out there. I have no problem whatsoever saying that stuff. Besides, would I be the person I currently am if none of that craziness had ever happened? No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't have my aunt around, my mom wouldn't be blind, and I probably would have never of been born. Craziness sometimes comes in handy, even though your grandpa might think he's Jesus and beat up a cop while he's naked. Really, what would life be like if we didn't have those psychos? It'd be extremely boring, that's for sure!!
Oh, I understood that you plan to be a psychiatrist and I agree that it's good to talk about these things and get them out there. I was responding more to what you mentioned that your friend had said about you and your family history. I just didn't want you to get it into your head that your family history determines your future. Sometimes people get this feeling that because their families are one way that they'll end up that way, too. But it just isn't so and I wanted to make sure you knew that you can make your own way in life. Consider it a misguided maternal instinct on my part. :)
You sound like my global teacher today. For the first week of school we have freshman initiation and he got to have the psychologist and two other people come into our room. Then, when they left he brought out a newspaper about a local boy who killed himself a few years back. Not all of my friends think before they speak, so that explains that comment about the serial killer. Not always a good thing to call someone a future killer.
If you're wondering what else is in the initiation, well, there are three videos that the teachers act in. Very funny because they are all horrible actors, plus they wore ridiculous hats. We also went over our planners(pretty much just something that we have to write our homework assignments in and we use it as a pass), how to read our schedule, and we also got a sheet that shows where our buses park, although I don't really need one.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ahh high school. should be way better than middle i predict based on my experiences. glad it's going ok so far.

yay band camp (did i already admit on here i was a color guard geek?) !
i've seen she's the man. i like corny movies :)

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:ahh high school. should be way better than middle i predict based on my experiences. glad it's going ok so far.

yay band camp (did i already admit on here i was a color guard geek?) !
i've seen she's the man. i like corny movies :)
Just wondering, what is color guard? I have no clue as to what that is as I've never heard the term before!