Original Runaway Train Video

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
JennP
Lone Rider

Original Runaway Train Video

Post by JennP »

Does anyone know where you can view the original American version of the Runaway Train video? I can't seem to find it anywhere. It would mean a great deal to me. Thank You!

topiratti
Inmate

Re: Original Runaway Train Video

Post by topiratti »

i thought there was only 1 version featuring missing children in the video, if thats the one, its available on here, or youtube, if not then, i dont know, didnt think there was a different version out there.
Image are of baby rats my female gave birth too ;D

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

As far as I'm aware there are at least 7 different versions (being they showed different kids). There were 3 for the U.S., 2 for the U.K., and 1 for Australia. I've also seen one with the second chorus of the children removed (with just the band playing).

By the original are referring to the "full length" one which includes the drawing of the missing girl who ran away 110x? There is also a quote and a speech by Dave at the end saying "If you've seen one of these kids, or you are one of them. Please call this number..." (with the number on the bottom of the screen). These parts were cut out due to time restrictions on music stations since the song isn't played during those parts.

I assume this is the one you probably mean by original?

If so, it was available on Yahoo at one point in time, but the closest I can find right now is what I think unfortunately took its place (judging by the title of the movie... it just includes the ending quote):

"In every child who is born... the potentiality of the human race is born again".

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2031843/v2162953

If you are referring to another version than the one(s) I mentioned, do you think you could be a little bit more specific?
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

JennP
Lone Rider

Post by JennP »

I don't remember the girl that ran away over 100 times. That might be the one? It was the very first one and I've looked at like 6 spots where videos are posted and can only find the version you posted a link for that has kids from 1990 on. The one I am talking about had a loved one that went missing in 1988. I just got some recent news about her over the weekend and I would really like to see the video. Thank you for helping me!

topiratti
Inmate

Post by topiratti »

are any of these 7 videos going to be available on a dvd at some point? and the link above tells me oops video not available. so not sure if it isnt there or if its location specific.
Image are of baby rats my female gave birth too ;D

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

JennP wrote: The one I am talking about had a loved one that went missing in 1988. I just got some recent news about her over the weekend and I would really like to see the video.
This is the version I have that was recorded a few days after the video came out.
I'm not sure if this is the version you are looking for but it does have a few kids missing since 1988. :)

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/2h1fyy

JennP
Lone Rider

Post by JennP »

That is the right one! Thank you so much. You have really done a very nice thing in assisting me in getting closure. Your karma bank is filled for quite a while. :D

JennP
Lone Rider

Post by JennP »

Dear LittleTooClean,

Do you mind if I post that file on youtube? I would like to share it with my family and of course the file is too big to email.

Thanks!
JennP

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

JennP wrote:Do you mind if I post that file on youtube? I would like to share it with my family and of course the file is too big to email.
Glad I was able to help in your quest :)
Sure you can put it up on YouTube but I would set the viewing to private and give it an odd name .
YouTube might take it down otherwise.
You might also want to use sendspace.com to email and send it to whoever.
It's free and simple.

Here is a compressed small file size edited version.

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/mj7biw

And if you don't mind... can you PM me the story of the connection with the person in the video ?

Again glad I could help ! :D

Mike W

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Hello Advocate,

There was more than one version of the video, but I don't think it was just east coast or west coast. The first time I saw the video was mid-June 1993, and by roughly July 1993 I recall seeing different missing kids in the video.

I spent some time today checking Youtube--I think the link there is the version I saw in June. If that's the original it did not feature Aundria.

However, your friend's daughter IS in one of the video versions. Many years ago, my friend made me a dvd of Soul Asylum music videos. So I dug out the homemade dvd and checked today. The first minute of the video was cut off but I saw all the missing kids, and I DID see Aundria.

Then I checked another disc I have. This one has a separate video clip, it's the whole video and Aundria is in it. It's about 99 MB. Does anyone know a good way to get a 99MB clip to this person?

Sarah