what song would you like to see on RockBand?

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
zany
Social Butterfly

Re: what song would you like to see on RockBand?

Post by zany »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:
Finally, I meet another person who's afraid of dogs! I need to try your method of explaining to owners. :)
i find it cuts down on people trying to 'convince me' that i should not be afraid of dogs. why do people think that they can explain away my fear?? i find adding 'irrational' makes them realize it's not because i'm just misinformed about how great dogs are. and shuts them up a bit more.

samtheslug
Runaway

Post by samtheslug »

As much as I depise the game - I would love to see Nirvana's 'Endless, Nameless' on there for the reason of gaining the multitracks of the song.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

hey hey - nirvana already HAS a song on rock band (in bloom - and i love playing the drum part - it's one of my favorite songs to drum on in that game) maybe i should have been more specific in the title - which SOUL ASYLUM song would you love to see on rock band.

i'm just kidding - interesting to hear your opinion on OTHER bands too!
why do you hate this game? i hate video games but LOOOOVE this game. just waiting to fix the pedal i broke so i can drum again...

samtheslug
Runaway

Post by samtheslug »

zany wrote:hey hey - nirvana already HAS a song on rock band (in bloom - and i love playing the drum part - it's one of my favorite songs to drum on in that game) maybe i should have been more specific in the title - which SOUL ASYLUM song would you love to see on rock band.

i'm just kidding - interesting to hear your opinion on OTHER bands too!
why do you hate this game? i hate video games but LOOOOVE this game. just waiting to fix the pedal i broke so i can drum again...
I just don't like the whole concept of the game - I mean go out and get some real drums or a guitar.

Oh,For a Soul Asylum song on the game - I would like to see Black Gold.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ah so you're of THAT school of thought. you must have some actual talent at playing for real.

i MUST defend my new favorite video game. there are reasons i do not play a 'real' instrument - well all the reasons relate to how bad i am at it.

a) in school band for many years i always STUNK real bad at the exciting clarinet. it's hard-i couldn't get the high notes to sound right.
b) my mom tried to teach me piano(keyboard) and i was awful at it when you add the left hand.
c) in elementary school, when assigning instruments, the mean music teacher let each of us play the drum set once and try to do some test beat or something and i must have stunk at that because i was not allowed to play drums. (she also wouldn't let people play flute unless they could make a sound on it the first try - very mean - must have been ingrained in me from then that if you aren't great at an instrument the first try, don't bother?)
d) i poked around at my mom's guitar for a couple weeks and lost interest (she never learned to play it either so i had no lessons)

so in conclusion - it's sooo much more fun to play the drums and sound good (through the magic of video games ) than play real drums and stink at it because i'm guessing i wouldn't be able to keep a beat (based on mean 4th grade music teacher) actually i tried to pick up drums in hs but couldn't get a drum roll down after practicing for a couple weeks and gave up.

so for all of us who are not talented at playing instruments but enjoy it anyways, it's fun. like paint-by-numbers for people who stink at art but enjoy playing w/ the paints.

samtheslug
Runaway

Post by samtheslug »

zany wrote:ah so you're of THAT school of thought. you must have some actual talent at playing for real.

i MUST defend my new favorite video game. there are reasons i do not play a 'real' instrument - well all the reasons relate to how bad i am at it.

a) in school band for many years i always STUNK real bad at the exciting clarinet. it's hard-i couldn't get the high notes to sound right.
b) my mom tried to teach me piano(keyboard) and i was awful at it when you add the left hand.
c) in elementary school, when assigning instruments, the mean music teacher let each of us play the drum set once and try to do some test beat or something and i must have stunk at that because i was not allowed to play drums. (she also wouldn't let people play flute unless they could make a sound on it the first try - very mean - must have been ingrained in me from then that if you aren't great at an instrument the first try, don't bother?)
d) i poked around at my mom's guitar for a couple weeks and lost interest (she never learned to play it either so i had no lessons)

so in conclusion - it's sooo much more fun to play the drums and sound good (through the magic of video games ) than play real drums and stink at it because i'm guessing i wouldn't be able to keep a beat (based on mean 4th grade music teacher) actually i tried to pick up drums in hs but couldn't get a drum roll down after practicing for a couple weeks and gave up.

so for all of us who are not talented at playing instruments but enjoy it anyways, it's fun. like paint-by-numbers for people who stink at art but enjoy playing w/ the paints.
Okay,to be perfectly honest, I suck at guitar and I am better at Guitar Hero :lol: - So I see where your coming from.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

hah! trying to be all "anti-rockband" when you know you love it. or guitar hero or whatever. :)
p.s. i'm really looking forward to seeing what the others reply to your 'one hit wonder' comment on that hall of fame thread...

samtheslug
Runaway

Post by samtheslug »

zany wrote:hah! trying to be all "anti-rockband" when you know you love it. or guitar hero or whatever. :)
p.s. i'm really looking forward to seeing what the others reply to your 'one hit wonder' comment on that hall of fame thread...
I just think Rock Band takes it too far.

OT: So am I - I have a feeling Im not going to be popular 'round des parts. :lol:

samtheslug
Runaway

Post by samtheslug »

Sorry - Double Post :(.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

don't worry you'll make it through. everybody's been nice on here since i've been on. hang in there while we all change your mind.
i gotta get out of this site already for today. so long.