what song would you like to see on RockBand?

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
zany
Social Butterfly

what song would you like to see on RockBand?

Post by zany »

wouldn't it be sooo great if they came out with a soul asylum song on rock band?? (i hate video games but LOVE to drum and sing on that game)

so i've noticed it's not usually a band's most popular soung that gets on there... but instead of guessing which they would pick let's just say which we'd most like to rock out on...

i think i'll pick "can't even tell" at the moment. (although it's hard to choose!) i'm a little biased on what i like to sing the most because although i love to drum i am not super observant of drum parts when i listen to music, so i can't think of what song has my favorite drum part.

p.s. i am not indicating there's any chance of an SA song being available - i'm just thinking it would be cool.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Re: what song would you like to see on RockBand?

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

I've never played Rock Band before, but I'd choose String of Pearls just because I love to sing along to it on my iPod. I usually get distracted from my homework by singing along, but when I'm working on math homework it helps me concentrate and I know that I'll be singing this song while I'm working on my geometry homework this year.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

stuck_in_the_90s wrote:I've never played Rock Band before, but I'd choose String of Pearls just because I love to sing along to it on my iPod. I usually get distracted from my homework by singing along, but when I'm working on math homework it helps me concentrate and I know that I'll be singing this song while I'm working on my geometry homework this year.

I'd have to agree with you on this Nicole...String of Pearls is my favorite song!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Twiddly Dee wrote:
stuck_in_the_90s wrote:I've never played Rock Band before, but I'd choose String of Pearls just because I love to sing along to it on my iPod. I usually get distracted from my homework by singing along, but when I'm working on math homework it helps me concentrate and I know that I'll be singing this song while I'm working on my geometry homework this year.

I'd have to agree with you on this Nicole...String of Pearls is my favorite song!
You know, Zany and I are both named Nicole. That ought to get confusing.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i'm already used to you being nicole and me being zany :)
in real life i have a close friend nicole so she usually gets called nicole and i get called something t hat sounds like zany that's an abbreviation of my old last name. so it just seems normal!

ughhh you guys have to play rock band - make friends w/ somebody who has it!! (my husb is a videogameaholic so we have a zillion systems.)

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I've never played Rockband, but have played Guitar Hero (only in the stores though). If I had to chose right now, this is what I'd pick (though if you asked me tomorrow it might be different :P ):

Rockband (drums): Oxygen

Guitar Hero (guitar): All The King's Friends

On a somewhat related note, I always find this video a little amusing; Scott Ian (of Anthrax) tries to play his own song on Guitar Hero at Best Buy.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/clip-anthr ... 232068.php
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

oooh i'll check out that link - that reminds me that Coheed and Cambria "only" got like ninety percent (or something less than 100) on their own song in rock band. the singer says he sings it a little differently now than when they recorded it.
that always makes me feel better - if they can't get it perfect it's ok if i can't.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:i'm already used to you being nicole and me being zany :)
in real life i have a close friend nicole so she usually gets called nicole and i get called something t hat sounds like zany that's an abbreviation of my old last name. so it just seems normal!

ughhh you guys have to play rock band - make friends w/ somebody who has it!! (my husb is a videogameaholic so we have a zillion systems.)
I actually own every single Nintendo system, minus the GameBoyXP(or whatever it's called, I forget) and the micro. Unfortunately, the Nintendo isn't currently working. My brother bought the Playstation II from my sister, and we also have Atari and Genesis, neither of which are currently working. My sister is a huge snob when it comes video games. She refused to buy a game for my dad for the Wii which got a bad review(most people bought it for the extra wiimote), which I don't blame her for because my dad stopped playing Wii Sports and even Zelda(he sat for hours trying to finish it, twice.).
I might get Rock Band, but it won't be a gift from my sister. I love singing along to songs, though!(my parents say I'm pretty good, but I'm so shy I can't sing in front of other people, they usually hear me through my bedroom door)
Oh, and I'm really used to being called Nicole. This year there was another Nicole in my class, but we both went by Nicole. I hate nicknames for Nicole. I really can't stand the name Nikki, so no one(besides my sister's boyfriend, who I call by his full name instead of his nickname) calls me Nikki, ever. I have a feeling someone is going to be calling me Nikki very soon on this thread...

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
On a somewhat related note, I always find this video a little amusing; Scott Ian (of Anthrax) tries to play his own song on Guitar Hero at Best Buy.

that link was hilarious!!!!

nicole - i ALSO hate nicknames for nicole. only my blood family can call me 'nic' and i don't notice. but if others say it i hate it. i have an acquantance that ALWAYS calls me nikky even though i tell him it's not my name!!!

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:
Monolith Maniac wrote:

that link was hilarious!!!!

nicole - i ALSO hate nicknames for nicole. only my blood family can call me 'nic' and i don't notice. but if others say it i hate it. i have an acquantance that ALWAYS calls me nikky even though i tell him it's not my name!!!
Whenever my sister calls me Nick, which she does a lot, I tell her "Nick, who's Nick. I don't know a Nick. I know that Nick is not my name, it's Nicole."