what song would you like to see on RockBand?

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: what song would you like to see on RockBand?

Post by Monolith Maniac »

stuck_in_the_90s wrote:I actually own every single Nintendo system, minus the GameBoyXP(or whatever it's called, I forget) and the micro.
I know you said "every" but do you even have the very short lived Virtual Boy? I remember renting that thing from Blockbuster Video when it came out.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
stuck_in_the_90s wrote:I actually own every single Nintendo system, minus the GameBoyXP(or whatever it's called, I forget) and the micro.
I know you said "every" but do you even have the very short lived Virtual Boy? I remember renting that thing from Blockbuster Video when it came out.
No, I guess I don't have every system. I've never even heard of Virtual Boy. I'm guessing that if my sister has heard of it though, she probably wants it. She's a college student that works at Chuck. E. Cheeses, so she doesn't have the money right now. I'll ask her about the next time I see it, which will probably be tomorrow morning, depending when her classes start for the day, or this weekend.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

is virtual boy the virtual reality headset? never seen it in person...

we have a ton of systems but mostly newer ones cuz my husband's family's house was robbed when he was in middleschool so he lost a lot of his older systems (some that he'd successfully kept hidden from his mom somehow)
it's probably not that many but to me it seems a ton compared to what i think is necessary. oh well it's not that bad of a thing to complain about a husband for :)

ps i recently broke the pedal on our rockband drumset... we krazyglued it but i hear the rockband2 set is coming with a metal reinforced pedal so i guess i'm not the only one.

that karaoke revolution sounds good i never heard of it (but have heard of DDR) what good songs are on it? rockband doens't have a lot of songs i like but they have a lot you can download so i found some Who songs and Greatful dead songs that are fun to sing.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

zany wrote:is virtual boy the virtual reality headset? never seen it in person...
You would view/play it by more or less sticking your face up to it. It had a stand which held the unit up so you could look into it. I suppose you could (and I assume some people did) modify it so you could wear it as a headset. It was pretty heavy and probably wouldn't be comfortable wearing after about 2 minutes.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

zany wrote: ps i recently broke the pedal on our rockband drumset... we krazyglued it but i hear the rockband2 set is coming with a metal reinforced pedal so i guess i'm not the only one.
We've got Rock Band. I love it. My son Andre is a true "Guitar Hero" as he spent summer 2007 playing it intensely. This allowed him to play in a contest and win a store credit at Circuit City and therefore purchase Rock Band the game. We used the Guitar Hero guitars and we added the drums and the mic. Andre recently got a Rock Band guitar for his 13th birthday.

Those new drums look great, and are supposed to work as real electronic drums, which makes me a little afraid of the price.

A Soul Asylum song for Rock Band? "Just Like Anyone" -- it's quite percussive, rockin' and has an interesting lead vocal.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

good choice for a song.

are the new drums you mean from rockband 2 ? what does that mean electric drums?

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

zany wrote:good choice for a song.

are the new drums you mean from rockband 2 ? what does that mean electric drums?
Actually, I am confusing the drums from Rockband 2 (which are wireless, which is bonus) and Guitar Hero's new drum set for World Tour.

The Guitar Hero World Tour drums which I understood could be used separately as real electronic (not percussive, they plug in) drums. Here's some info from Wikipedia about the GHWT drums:

Previews of the game revealed that a wireless,[17][6] velocity-sensitive[9] six-piece drum controller is being developed, with two adjustable cymbal pads, a snare, two toms, and a bass drum pedal.[7][19] The drum kit was designed with help from John Devacka, who is credited with creating the first music game, MTV Drumscape, and developed key patents used for most modern music games that are now owned by Activision.[7] During song creation, the velocity sensitivity will be used to allow players to alter the sound made by the drum.[17] The drum set also will have a MIDI port in the back, allowing for users to connect any drum kit, drum machine, or other compatible device.[20] Activision has promised that the drum set will be the "most realistic drum experience ever in a video game".[9] The Wii version of the drum controller includes a slot for the Wii Remote to fit into, enabling it to become wireless, much like the guitar controller introduced for the Wii version of Guitar Hero III.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:i'm already used to you being nicole and me being zany :)
in real life i have a close friend nicole so she usually gets called nicole and i get called something t hat sounds like zany that's an abbreviation of my old last name. so it just seems normal!

ughhh you guys have to play rock band - make friends w/ somebody who has it!! (my husb is a videogameaholic so we have a zillion systems.)
Just so that you know this, I have played Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II at my brother's apartment, but I don't have any friends that I know of with Rock Band, but I do have a few friends that don't have any video games at home. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to musical video games, but I still prefer playing an actual instrument.
zany wrote:that karaoke revolution sounds good i never heard of it (but have heard of DDR) what good songs are on it? rockband doens't have a lot of songs i like but they have a lot you can download so i found some Who songs and Greatful dead songs that are fun to sing.
Karaoke Revolution is okay, it's my sister's though, and is kept in her room which I dare not venture into. It's for the Gamecube, don't know if it's for other systems, but I think it's also for Playstation.
I hate Dance Dance Revolution, by the way. I'm not exactly coordinated, and you just move your feet onto four arrows. If you try Mario Mix it's a lot of fun, though, because the plots are so dumb. To get across the river you must dance! To get down the hill before you die, you must dance!

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

hah mario mix plot made me laugh !

ok - those guitar hero world tour drums sound crazy - i've seen a pic for them before they're 'out of control' because they h ave too many thing to keep track of hitting. if that velocity sensitivity thing means that the game will sound louder if you hit it harder that would be cool.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:hah mario mix plot made me laugh !
It's absolutely ridiculous, isn't it? I wish you could play as other characters besides Mario and Luigi, and if you can, well, my sister doesn't let me play that game anymore. Oh, and that Karaoke Revolution game you can also dance while singing. I keep forgetting that because I've never seen my sister do that and I'm not allowed to touch the Gamecube, even though most of the games are mine.