Best Albums of 2008

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: Best Albums of 2008

Post by philipgar »

PROMISESBROKEN wrote: I’m really looking forward to 2009 with new stuff coming out soon by The Honeydogs and more Bob Mould!

Tracy
First, you missed 49:00 in there... how dare you :). As for 2009, the honeydogs album looks promising (did you pick up their itunes only instrumental album yet?) , but the album that I'm looking forward to more than anything is the Olson/Louris album Ready for the flood. Only a few more weeks for that one! Also, Neko Case is releasing a new album, and not sure what other bands will. I'm just hoping '09 turns into as good a year for music as '08.

Phil

Camilla Andersen
Lone Rider

Post by Camilla Andersen »

Well Guns n' Roses nwe album is really great if you ask me. But Nickelbacks albums great too!

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

hey tracy thanks for the heads up on the jay bennett album - i figured for Free, i had NO excuse not to check it out at least, and i liked the 2 sample songs so i'm downloading the whole thing.
thanks,
zany

p.s. sorry i can't contribute to the main thread - i didn't get any new albums this past year (new to me but not new releases)

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Phil - Thank you for reminding me about Westerberg! Here is my gripe with that one - where the heck can you get the download??? Amazon lists it, but with no buy button, and it doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. From what I read on one site, it was only available for a short time and now it's nowhere to be had. Arghh! And yes, I'm also excited about the louris/Olson album! Oh, and also...

Zany - Glad you liked the Jay Bennett cd! I don't know if you saw this on his myspace page, but he's also coming out with 3 more albums in 2009! One will be a solo project called "Kicking at the Perfumed Air", one will be songs he did with his old band Titanic Love Affair and the last will be a Nick Lowe and Dave Edmunds tribute album with musician Ed Burch.

Oh, the anticipation of it all...

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

PROMISESBROKEN wrote:Phil - Thank you for reminding me about Westerberg! Here is my gripe with that one - where the heck can you get the download??? Amazon lists it, but with no buy button, and it doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. From what I read on one site, it was only available for a short time and now it's nowhere to be had. Arghh! And yes, I'm also excited about the louris/Olson album! Oh, and also...
Westerberg had to pull the album after a week or two due to legal trouble concerning the little medly he had at the end of the album. I guess some lawyers sent cease and desist letters, and some might still be hassling him for royalty money or something. It's really pretty silly. If you need a copy of it, send me a pm on the site, and I can get you one.

Phil

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

[ If you need a copy of it, send me a pm on the site, and I can get you one.

Phil[/quote]

Just downloaded it! Thanks, Phil!

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

jhonsadins
Lone Rider

Post by jhonsadins »

My top 10 album of 2008 are:

1. Duffy - Rockferry
2. Alphabeat - Fascination
3. Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III
4. T.I - Paper Trail
5. Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul
6. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
7. Madonna - Hard Candy